New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D750 or D810 for video?

beji
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 or D810 for video?

Hello,
I have a video project coming up in 3 months, My lens lineup is all Nikon. So trying to stick with the same arsenal.
Any experience with video on 750 or 810? which one would you recommend for video?
if I buy, I might buy new 750 or a refurbished 810. Which one would you recommend ? I might use either one of them for stage shows/dances as well.
please advise,

Apr 05, 2015 at 08:42 PM
markchan

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D750 or D810 for video?

I have one of the earlier models of D750; and have not sent it in for the recall yet. I never felt the need to, since I primarily shoot photos; and have never had an issue with the banding.

Anyway, I shot video yesterday on a whim, and I got that weird band on top when the sun was shining down towards the camera. It wasn't done on purpose. I think it's much easier to replicate on video, since you capture every frame that may or may not have the banding as you move around.

If you're working with light sources that may be at just the right angle, you may have an issue with the D750. I haven't been following the results of the recall fix, but I've read that it doesn't completely fix it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Apr 05, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Geoff CB
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D750 or D810 for video?

For Full Frame either one works, D810 is far superior in Super 35 (APS-C) mode.

Apr 05, 2015 at 10:43 PM
beji
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D750 or D810 for video?

thanks markchan and Geoff.

Apr 06, 2015 at 09:02 AM
Gene_C
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D750 or D810 for video?

markchan wrote:
. I haven't been following the results of the recall fix, but I've read that it doesn't completely fix it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are wrong

gene

Apr 06, 2015 at 10:47 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.