New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Anyone try both the rapid box 26" & 36XL

keano12
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone try both the rapid box 26" & 36XL

Seems to me for the price the 36" is a better option? You place a strobe in it or speedlite with Godox speedlite S adapter. Isn't bigger better wh n it comes to lighting?

Apr 05, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Mark Rigsby
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone try both the rapid box 26" & 36XL

Not always, remember, the bigger the diffuser, the softer the light. I use both of them and each one has it's place in my setups.

Apr 15, 2015 at 01:25 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone try both the rapid box 26" & 36XL

Now there is a third Rapid Box, the Duo, which is 32". I've got the 26", which I love, but I think it's best at waist up and closer. I'm thinking of getting the Duo, both for the ability to use two flashes and for the ability to use a little further away for full length photos. Its design also seems a little different from the 26" and I'm wondering if it provides a slightly different quality of light.

Apr 15, 2015 at 08:58 AM
Waki
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone try both the rapid box 26" & 36XL

I use the 36" XL with my B1 and B2 lights. I use the deflector almost all the time. Sort of gives me a nice beauty dish like look. I use the 26" rapid box and 10x24 strip combo with speedlights although to be honest, I'll probably be selling them. The B2 just works so much better for me with the OCF modifiers. I do like the rapid boxes though and thought about enlarging the opening of the 26" to accept the B2 head.

Apr 22, 2015 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.