New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Trying my hands on Portraits (C/C Welcome

revolutionx

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trying my hands on Portraits (C/C Welcome

I am trying my hands on Portrait photography. Tired of taking my cat photos. Let me know what you guys think. C/C welcome be nice be bold and let me know what you think and what I should do to make it better.

Apr 04, 2015 at 11:06 AM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trying my hands on Portraits (C/C Welcome

Love the poses and expressions. I'm not so keen on the lighting or post processing.

Apr 04, 2015 at 11:36 AM
BubbaJon
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trying my hands on Portraits (C/C Welcome

Are you working with a calibrated monitor?
I ask because the last one is decidedly yellow.

The B&W has acceptable contrast but #1 & #3 are very low contrast - almost washed out.
#3 you need to watch how appendages leave the frame. Also pay attention to how the clothes hang - in #3 the arm position is dragging the shirt collar up.
I try to imagine I'm arranging a store window display and look for things out of place.
#2 is pretty good IMHO. I like his expression and the head cocked slightly adds character to the shot.

Apr 04, 2015 at 02:29 PM
shaananigans

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Trying my hands on Portraits (C/C Welcome

I second the comment re: light and post-processing. I'm particularly fond of #1. It feels more natural. #2 feels douchey and seems completely unfocused. #3 is good, noting the above suggestions.

Apr 05, 2015 at 10:42 PM
BubbaJon
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Trying my hands on Portraits (C/C Welcome

shaananigans wrote:
I second the comment re: light and post-processing. I'm particularly fond of #1. It feels more natural. #2 feels douchey and seems completely unfocused. #3 is good, noting the above suggestions.

#1 is a feminine pose. Even if he's gay, it still will be perceived as gender inappropriate - IOW it just looks "wrong".

Apr 06, 2015 at 09:07 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.