FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2015 · Refurbished Coolpix A for $299.95

PB_James
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Refurbished Coolpix A for $299.95

Ended up returning the one I bought, as the battery door stopped closing after a couple weeks. Otherwise, I liked the image quality, though VR would have made it a more versatile camera. I didn't like the lack of color playback histograms, which made it hard to judge exact optimal exposure, and aperture being tied to the real dial in manual mode (rather awkward and unintuitive to change for a Nikon shooter used to having it on the front dial.) On the whole, I liked the performance, wasn't huge on the interface/usability of it.

May 09, 2015 at 05:37 PM
TMaG82
• • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Refurbished Coolpix A for $299.95

Rumors point to a Coolpix A II having a 24mp sensor, possibly the same one in the D7200? I'm seriously torn between a Coolpix A type, fixed compact or giving a J5/V3 a try. Both have compelling arguments, the A would be cheaper but each and every time I had a fixed lens compact I ended up selling it because it wasn't versatile enough. So it has me leaning towards the J5 by I'm concerned that I would be disappointed in the IQ, lol. Why oh why can't Nikon defy the laws of physics and give us a D810 sensor in the V3 body.

May 09, 2015 at 06:02 PM
carlitos
• • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Refurbished Coolpix A for $299.95

TMaG82 wrote:
Rumors point to a Coolpix A II having a 24mp sensor, possibly the same one in the D7200? I'm seriously torn between a Coolpix A type, fixed compact or giving a J5/V3 a try. Both have compelling arguments, the A would be cheaper but each and every time I had a fixed lens compact I ended up selling it because it wasn't versatile enough. So it has me leaning towards the J5 by I'm concerned that I would be disappointed in the IQ, lol. Why oh why can't Nikon defy the laws of physics and give us a D810 sensor
...Show more

Well 24Mp would be a step in the right direction, although the current sensor is quite good in this application. 36Mp with the 18.5mm lens would give you a lot of cropability.

Needs an EVF though. Then it would be what $1200 new?

May 10, 2015 at 08:09 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.