Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Nikon D5200 body w/Video Optimized Firmware

mrak1979

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon D5200 body w/Video Optimized Firmware

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon D5200 body w/Video Optimized Firmware

Price: $380.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear

I have a lightly used Nikon D5200 24 Megapixel aps-c DSLR camera body that has safely modded firmware for high bitrate pro HD video at highest setting (24mbps stock modded to 64mbps pro bitrate). The camera also has 2 different High Dynamic Range Flaat Profiles and 7 different Gamma Control Profiles installed. These 9 picture profiles give you higher dynamic range and ability to preserve greater mid-tone and shadow detail while maintaining safe highlights. This camera is highly decked-out for videography!

The firmware mod can also easily and safely be reversed if desired.

This body has hardly been used at all for still photography and was mainly used for video recording. ONLY 804 SHUTTER ACTUATIONS.

The Amazing Video Capabilities of the D5200 before firmware mod is detailed in this review:
http://www.eoshd.com/2013/02/nikon-d5200-review/

Comparison of video quality of D5200 before mod with Canon 5D Mark III detailed here:
http://www.eoshd.com/2013/02/nikon-d5200-vs-canon-5d-mark-iii/

THE MOD MAKES IT EVEN BETTER!

Will be sold in original box with all original accessories. I will also throw in an extra battery.
Asking $380.00 +3% paypal fee and shipping. Send serious inquiries to [email protected]. Make an offer.

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:56 AM
joychris
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon D5200 body w/Video Optimized Firmware

Can the D5200 adjust all exposure parameters - aperture, ISO and shutter speed - while shooting video? Some Nikons will not let you control everything when you hit record. Thanks.

Apr 29, 2015 at 05:35 PM
mrak1979

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon D5200 body w/Video Optimized Firmware

I don't think you can do that after you press record on the D5200 but I don't see any reason to do that, unless you can smoothly ramp up and down those parameters. If you suddenly change ISO from 320 to 640 or change aperture from f2.8 to f4 or even shutter speed, while recording; the exposure and motion rendition will change abruptly and noticeably within the video and draw attention to the fact that you're watching a video. It makes your videos look amateur-ish/cheap and it breaks the audiences' 'suspension of disbelief', as they call it in Cinema Theory.

You want to smoothly transition between those parameters, like the smooth-transitioning auto ISO feature in the $1200 D7200 body or if you use an aperture de-clicked manual Nikon lens or a PL mount lens. But I don't think you can control the auto ISO function in D7200. The camera determines when and to what the ISO changes to.

Just my 2¢.

Apr 29, 2015 at 07:11 PM
indusphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon D5200 body w/Video Optimized Firmware

Can you provide a link to firmware mod?

May 27, 2015 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.