New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · Creative Cloud

DGC1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Creative Cloud

I am using PS6. I see that Adobe is offering CC for $9.95 a month. Two questions : 1 is this an intro price that will go up after a year or so? 2 Does this include updates to my present CS6 software?

Thanks,

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:10 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Creative Cloud

The official corporate mantra is "We don't have any plans to change the pricing for the Creative Cloud Photography Package." ... though, this statement must be tempered with the fact, Adobe did not have any "plans" to cease further development of the perpetual license versions of CS products either. Plans can and do change.

That said, there are many users who have entered into their second year and a few more who are entering into their third year of CC agreements and there has not been any change in pricing. How long that trend will last is up to circumstances beyond the subscriber's control . Once you are in, you are guaranteed at least 12 months at the current price. Beyond that, it would be pure guesswork to predict any changes.

I was vehemently opposed to the subscription model as it was first offered. But since they changed the agreement to include the ability to view, print and export legacy work from the CC version of Lr, I have gone to the plan, although I maintain my previous perpetual license to Lr as well. Just in case. The additional cost is not that great until Adobe has a longer track record with the CC model. Plus it allows me to have Lr on four computers as needed.

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:26 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Creative Cloud

1: no its not an 'intro' price . its the price of the Photo pac (CC and LR) . as for the price in the future . well it won't stay the same 9.99 for ever but adobe have said in the past it will remain competitive . . take that to mean what you make of it but I can't see all the current subscribers wearing a huge increase .

2: No you get the new Photoshop CC (plus Lightroom) . CC has many extras over CS6 .

dont delete CS6 though . as if you do leave the CC program at least you will still have that . also Adobe have pledged to keep doing CS6 ACR updates . but CS6 ACR won't get the newer tools that CC has

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Creative Cloud

Thanks for the replies.

So, for only $9.95 I get the newest latest version of PS that replaced CS/PS6? Is this due to the fact I'm already a registered owner/user og PS6?

Mar 30, 2015 at 01:26 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Creative Cloud

DGC1 wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

So, for only $9.95 I get the newest latest version of PS that replaced CS/PS6? Is this due to the fact I'm already a registered owner/user og PS6?

Nope. Nobody is special any more ... that's the price for everyone.

Mar 30, 2015 at 02:24 PM
Lauchlan Toal
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Creative Cloud

Also, if you're interested in things like video, CC has all the features of CS6 Extended so you'll have a few more options for video-editing.

Mar 30, 2015 at 03:03 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Creative Cloud

And, as noted, the $9.95 price includes Lightroom as well, with all updates.

Mar 30, 2015 at 03:09 PM
JimmyStephans
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Creative Cloud

I have been on the $9.95 plan, as has my lady friend, since December 2013. No issues at all.

Its Photoshop and Lightroom, not the entire suite.

Great deal, auto updates when bugs found or features added.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:56 PM
UCSB
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Creative Cloud

If you subscribe to CC, you will get updates to the PS CC 2014 AND CS6. Both products will be shown and managed in the Adobe CC Manager. It is very convenient. I have CS6 and have been on the CC package for about a year now. I have many plug-ins in CS6 that I have just left there and occasionally use.

Mar 31, 2015 at 01:28 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Creative Cloud

So, the plug ins I have for CS6 will or won't work on the cloud?

Mar 31, 2015 at 02:57 PM
tuthill
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Creative Cloud

DGC1 wrote:

Your plugins will work in PS CC as long as you reinstall them (in most cases you just have to copy the plugins from the CS6 plugins folder to the CC plugins folder).

Edited on Mar 31, 2015 at 03:11 PM · View previous versions

Mar 31, 2015 at 03:10 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Creative Cloud

DGC1 wrote:

Some or even most of your CS6 plugins should work fine with CC. CC 2014 is a newer app. While Adobe still has some support for CS6, there have been advancements. You may have to update some plugins to have full functionality in CC just as you would if you moved from any earlier version.

Mar 31, 2015 at 03:10 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Creative Cloud

So it includes PS, LR what about BR, and AE?

Mar 31, 2015 at 03:30 PM
butchM
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Creative Cloud

coreybell wrote:
So it includes PS, LR what about BR, and AE?

Bridge, yes. After Effects, no.

Mar 31, 2015 at 04:02 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Creative Cloud

Thank you butchM

Mar 31, 2015 at 04:11 PM
johnvanr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Creative Cloud

If someone has PS6 and LR5 and is planning to upgrade to LR6, why would he/she buy into the CC plan at this point. What is in there that actually makes a difference at this moment over PS6 and LR5/6?

Mar 31, 2015 at 08:33 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Creative Cloud

DGC1 wrote:

Plug-ins can be a problem. Some Adobe plug-ins the work in perpetual CS6 like the options CS5 Picture Package works in Perpetual Windows CS6 version 13.0.1.3 bue will not wotk in Subscription Windows CSt version 13.1.2. However a scripting bug I reported ib CS6 was fixed in subscription CS6 13.1.2 but remains un-fixes in Perpetual CS6 13..0.1.3. In CC 2014 Adobe removed the oil painter filters and support for Flash panels so extension that use flash panels like mini bridge and adobe exchange doe not exists in CC 2014.

Mar 31, 2015 at 09:05 PM
Mr Mouse
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Creative Cloud

johnvanr wrote:
If someone has PS6 and LR5 and is planning to upgrade to LR6, why would he/she buy into the CC plan at this point. What is in there that actually makes a difference at this moment over PS6 and LR5/6?

Newer laptops, window tablets and 5k display have high resolution displays. Only CC 2014 can make good use of the high resolution and scale Photoshop UI to be useable. That support is not in prior versions of Photoshop. Lightroom is not a full fledge image editor one needs Photoshop more then lightroom. If one has a high resolution display they need CC 2014.

Mar 31, 2015 at 09:13 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Creative Cloud

I just downloaded the 30-day trial of the current version Photoshop CC and the truth is that it doesn't worth paying for those new features introduced to CC because they aren't essential. If you have CS6, you don't really need the CC and in fact I still use CS2 on less powerful laptop/tablet. For most part, CS2, which is a free download from Adobe, is practically more than sufficient if you do know Photoshop and don't require more than a few thousand layers in one document.

Apr 01, 2015 at 10:39 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Creative Cloud

depends what you use CC for i guess

Apr 01, 2015 at 12:41 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.