New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Daughter Sophia

kenno470

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Daughter Sophia

Playing with a few things. Quick shoot with my six year old in the backyard.

Mar 27, 2015 at 08:36 PM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Daughter Sophia

The natural light is really nice. I like the first one and third one. The third is my favorite.

Mar 27, 2015 at 08:50 PM
infosecgeek
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Daughter Sophia

I really like the natural light as well.. All of them are very nicely done.

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Daughter Sophia

Nice sharp focus on the eyes in all three shots. Good job there.

Some nits and observations:
I'm not fond of the knees in #1. In #3 we see more of them, so it seems better.

I'm not real happy with the light on the face in #1 and #2. I see the circle under her left eye accentuated and light hitting part but not all of her face.

#3 is my pick of this set, based mostly on her expression, camera angle (a little higher) and because you have 'stepped back' a bit more for that one. We see her posture is better in #3. (Note the slope of the shoulders).

Overall well done. Post some more, she's a good model.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:57 AM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Daughter Sophia

The light is fantastic, IMO. You MAY have done even slightly better with a white reflector on her. Love the breeze moving her hair, the bright blue eyes, and connection with the camera.

It does appear, mostly in 2 and 3, that her shirt is reflecting off of her face just a tad. Not sure there's anything to be done about it or that it even matters but after scanning the images several times for things which may be improved, that was something I saw.

3 is my favorite. If it were my image and I were processing to my taste, I'd probably do a few minor things in LR. 1) Add add a local adjustment brush and select her face and neck and chest and add about 1/3 of a stop of exposure. 2) I'd add a vignette (maybe around -20). 3) And then I'd go to "camera calibration" on the bottom panel and add about +20-ish to the "Blue Primary" saturation slider.

Overall, these are VERY minor and just some things that I saw trying to look at your image and develop my own eye a little better. I think if left as-is, they're STUNNING and you've really done a great job!!! Can't wait until my little girl (who's 2.5) is willing to sit still for a few seconds to let me fire off a few frames!!

Mar 28, 2015 at 05:31 AM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Daughter Sophia

Great shots. The light is kinda bland, flat and uninteresting. The brighter background does not help these images either. I do think a reflector would have helped. But still, these are really nice shots.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:16 AM
kenno470

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Daughter Sophia

Great feedback, everyone. And certainly appreciated!

I do need to invest in a reflector, and when I sit down with her next time, I'll give a bit more thought to the position of her knees, as well as her dress color. I can definitely see that her chin is being lit up by the orange color of the dress.

Mar 28, 2015 at 02:26 PM
Neddie Seagoon
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Daughter Sophia

Invest in a reflector? Go down the local crafts shop and get you a 2' x 4' piece of white foam core, done.

These are nicely done.

Mar 28, 2015 at 03:04 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Daughter Sophia

Beautiful young lady and I agree with the comments on the light and obtaining a reflector. As noted by others 1 and 3 are my favorites and with a tad bit of post processing these would be superb. A small smile on the pretty face would have be really nice. She is a heart breaker!

Dave

Mar 28, 2015 at 03:42 PM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Daughter Sophia

5 in 1 reflector - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZIMEMW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mar 28, 2015 at 04:21 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.