New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Hero or Villain concept shot

cmboland
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hero or Villain concept shot

A friend of mine was looking for portfolio portraits for acting and modeling and after the shoot we decided to do a hero / villain concept shot.

Mar 25, 2015 at 08:04 AM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hero or Villain concept shot

That's pretty cool! Nicely done!

Mar 25, 2015 at 08:44 AM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Great shot !

(Very tiny nit, I would clone out the dark object above his right hand, LHS of image.)

TFS !

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Really cool.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Very cool idea.

Mar 25, 2015 at 04:24 PM
Inga
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Definitely cool idea and pretty solid execution. I would also have removed the object on the wall to his right (our left), and the image seems to have a wonky horizon. Brick walls are not very forgiving for horizons and barrel distortion.

Mar 25, 2015 at 08:55 PM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Inga wrote:
Definitely cool idea and pretty solid execution. I would also have removed the object on the wall to his right (our left), and the image seems to have a wonky horizon. Brick walls are not very forgiving for horizons and barrel distortion.

Inga is spot on regarding the distracting object and the slight optical distortion that gets amplified because we intrinsically know lines in brick walls should be straight. Having said that it is really excellent and those comments are really about making it even better and not about any failing in any way.

Mar 26, 2015 at 07:17 AM
cmboland
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Disaster wrote:
Inga is spot on regarding the distracting object and the slight optical distortion that gets amplified because we intrinsically know lines in brick walls should be straight. Having said that it is really excellent and those comments are really about making it even better and not about any failing in any way.

Absolutely and i agree with all of it! It seems to have more apparent distortion over his left shoulder (our right) I did a profile correction in lightroom but this is a very tight crop so maybe that has something to do with it. It's a pretty old building in detroit so maybe the walls arent straight. I'm assuming its my error.

Mar 26, 2015 at 08:18 AM
Disaster
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hero or Villain concept shot

P.S. I'm from the Detroit area, myself. Was this taken in a studio or one of the bajillion abandoned buildings downtown? When it gets a little warmer I'm planning on making some urban reconnaissance missions to more of those abandoned jems downtown. If you are interested I can always use the company.

Mar 26, 2015 at 08:30 AM
cmboland
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Hero or Villain concept shot

Disaster wrote:
P.S. I'm from the Detroit area, myself. Was this taken in a studio or one of the bajillion abandoned buildings downtown? When it gets a little warmer I'm planning on making some urban reconnaissance missions to more of those abandoned jems downtown. If you are interested I can always use the company.

Excellent!

Im from Dearborn. This is actually inside anthology coffee at the pony ride building in corktown.

Mar 26, 2015 at 08:37 AM
howardF
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Hero or Villain concept shot

I really like the feeling that your photo conveys. Very nice.

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:13 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.