Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · My DLSR mainstream days are well gone!

lenticular11
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My DLSR mainstream days are well gone!

Today I achieved a goal!

I Sold my 5D Mk III and diminished my investment into DLSRs

I sold it at a bargain pice of Aus$2000 (due to some paint abrasion (retouched) on the pentaprism cover and in the knowledge that the Aussie 2nd hand market is never that great IMO). I bought at the price peak when it was introduced in Australia, May 2012 for $3700 - ouch.

I dipped my toes into the world of alt lenses a few years back, starting with a Leica Elmarit-R 28 (I didn't know about the V2 then) and a Canon FL55/1.2.

Over the last couple of years I have only used my 5D3 minimally, when attending world-championship motorcycle circuit racing. My mainstream cams have become the Sony A7R and Leica M9, together with some 35mm and MF film cams.

I've just bought a Canon 50D for those times I want to shoot motorcycle sport or wildlife and in time I see even that transitioning to a Sony A6000 setup. I will also get the 50D converted into full spectrum.

The Canon 5D Mk III has served this amateur very well indeed, but I much prefer toting a lighter camera and lens and one with no AA filter

the home-retouched paint damage on the pentaprism

a selection of my other cams when I claim that my GAS was at its worst

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Two23
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My DLSR mainstream days are well gone!

MMMM--Leica! I still regularly use my Leica IIIc with four vintage 1940s lenses. It was one of hte best carry-cameras ever made.

Kent in SD

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.