FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Hummer time

savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hummer time

We have been getting some uninvited guests from Mexico, who stop by for a day, I guess they are on their way to Alaska? The 2 locals don't like unexpected visitors so they were dive bombing each other, even though we have several feeders available to them.

But after awhile I assume they just had enough of all the fighting, so they shared my world famous recipe with yesterday's guest.

We live in the woods so lighting is always on short supply, especially early evening, so I had to shoot as wide as I could.

I recently sold my tele zoom, so I used what I had and cropped a lot. Unfortunately neither lens are good at close focusing, so while I moved the feeders closer to the window, I had to back up in order to focus. In any case, I had a lot of fun taking pictures of these tiny devils!

Resident #1

_3230100 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Resident #2

_3230057-2 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3230068 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Sharing in the rain.

_3230010 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3230017 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3230020-3 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Some random shots

_3230024-2 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3230025-3 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

_3230031 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

Mar 24, 2015 at 03:01 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hummer time

These are nice, but I suggest placing a nice looking natural perch near the feeders so you can shoot them off the feeders ~ Ron

Mar 24, 2015 at 05:29 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hummer time

Thanks Ron, will do, in fact only in the last 7 days that I really began liking taking shots of birds. I'll be busy working the next several days, but once free we will be making improvements.

Mar 24, 2015 at 07:58 PM
sritri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hummer time

Adorable little beings

Mar 24, 2015 at 08:29 PM
dorian
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hummer time

Your shots are nice and sharp, now just get 'em on a branch as Ron suggested. You could even just stick it in the feeder and avoid the feeder in the shot.

Mar 24, 2015 at 09:44 PM
savingspaces
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hummer time

Thank you! Since I am new to birds, would any of you have anything specific you'd suggest? Link, or a picture of someone else's setup? I'd like to do it right the first time.

Much appreciated.

dorian wrote:
Your shots are nice and sharp, now just get 'em on a branch as Ron suggested. You could even just stick it in the feeder and avoid the feeder in the shot.

Mar 24, 2015 at 09:51 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.