Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

jeinovaa

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

I had 600's for Canon and looking for a similar system for Nikon D750's. Ideally at least one flash would have a integrated transmitter and TTL. Phottix Mitros plus seems to fit the bill but they are outrageously priced in Europe at ~600€ per flash.

Any alternatives out there?

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:46 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

jeinovaa wrote:
~600€ per flash.

Any alternatives out there?

Wow, that is high! That makes them more expensive than an SB910 over here. Can't you buy them off of Amazon and have them shipped for less than this?

As far as alternatives that are built-in transceivers, not much of any options. There are lots of options if you want to perch your flash on-top of a transmitter but built-in pretty limited.

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:54 PM
fotojennik
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

Yeah aside from the Phottix Mitros+ there aren't many options. The cheap Yongnuo YN560-IV has the internal transmitter function you want, but not the TTL.

My guess is that the budget brands (whoever makes the stuff for Godox/Neewer/Cheetah/etc...) release a flash with Li-On battery, integrated 2.4 GHz transceiver, and TTL capability either later this year or early next if you could find something to hold you over until then.

You could also consider having another FMer buy the Mitros+ for you in another country for a slightly more reasonable rate (400) and ship them to you.

Mar 23, 2015 at 01:35 PM
danielutzu
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

quantum Trio QF8N have that. I love mine. They're built to last, can take a beating, have gorgeous light but definitely aren't cheap

Mar 23, 2015 at 02:02 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

Nissin Di700A may be what you seek: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1127489-REG/nissin_nd700ak_n_di_700a_flash_air_1.html/mode/edu but I have no idea about them other than they were mentioned in the lighting forum recently.

If you don't need TTL off camera and are happy with a tiny tigger in a socket look at the Godox V860N. I'm very happy with mine both in build, performance (lion battery) and price.

Mar 23, 2015 at 02:11 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

danielutzu wrote:
quantum Trio QF8N have that. I love mine. They're built to last, can take a beating, have gorgeous light but definitely aren't cheap

Yeah, way expensive.

Their spec sheets says that you need Qlink accessory to fire off camera non-Qflsh units, ie Nikon but I could not find any more info such as cost, channels, groups etc. So that would be an additional cost for the receivers. Plus that thing is huge if you want to use it as an on-camera unit.

Mar 23, 2015 at 02:17 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

Mark_L wrote:
Nissin Di700A may be what you seek: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1127489-REG/nissin_nd700ak_n_di_700a_flash_air_1.html/mode/edu but I have no idea about them other than they were mentioned in the lighting forum recently.

If you don't need TTL off camera and are happy with a tiny tigger in a socket look at the Godox V860N. I'm very happy with mine both in build, performance (lion battery) and price.

The Nissin Di700A are not transceiver units just receiver. So if you don't need an on-baord flash then this set up wold be a great deal. But if you want the option for on-camera flash and off-camera control then these are one option short.

Mar 23, 2015 at 02:20 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

Your 600s will work on Nikon with the Phottix receivers.

Mar 23, 2015 at 04:02 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

I use PW TT5's to trigger 4 x LP 160's for OCF. They've since been replaced by the LP 180's. Super bang for the buck- just as powerful as SB-900's and SB-910's. They don't have TTL, but as OCF, they don't need it anyway.

http://mpex.com/lumopro-lp180-quad-sync-manual-flash.html

I use a SB-700 on the body w/ the 24-70mm; for the body w/ the 70-200mm or 85mm, I use a SB-900 or SB-910 w/ a PW TT1 to transmit to the TT5's to trigger the OCF.

That's what works well for me.

Mar 23, 2015 at 05:38 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

I hate big guns on my camera. No big budget for flashes either. Just last week I dropped a flash from a stand again and it broke, who cares, cost me 80 bucks. (0:

I use the small Nissin i40 on camera, which do TTL, great manual and have a small video light. When I want OCF I either use it together with the small Yongnuo triggers or put the trigger between the camera and the Nissin (no TTL anymore) and Yongnuos in the corners of the room where I can control zoom and output via the TX.

Works very smoothly for me.

heiko

Mar 23, 2015 at 05:55 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon to Nikon, what Speedlites?

heikoM wrote:

I hate big guns on my camera.

You hate any big gear.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:40 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.