Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

Archive 2015 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

JohnnyMike
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

eninety wrote:
ugh... doh... i guess no paypal ever then.

For the reasons being discussed here, I closed out my paypal account awhile back. Unfortunately, I reinstated it recently to buy from Adorama's eBay store. For the time being, I will keep the paypal account, but I will be very guarded how and when I use it.

Good luck with this and please keep us updated on your progress. Best of Luck!

John

Mar 26, 2015 at 05:54 PM
eninety
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

JohnnyMike wrote:

For the reasons being discussed here, I closed out my paypal account awhile back. Unfortunately, I reinstated it recently to buy from Adorama's eBay store. For the time being, I will keep the paypal account, but I will be very guarded how and when I use it.

Good luck with this and please keep us updated on your progress. Best of Luck!

John

i guess ill only have it open to buy things. never to sell.

no progress as of yet.

Mar 26, 2015 at 05:55 PM
Sarsfield
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

When I buy and sell something for a lot of cash, I meet at a bank branch. If the other person won't meet me there, it won't happen.

With the criminals preying on Craigslist sellers, I now schedule meetings in the parking lot of my local police station or the Tim Horton's right next door that always has a couple doughnut eaters sitting in there. (No disrespect intended. I'm a doughnut eater myself.)

Mar 26, 2015 at 07:24 PM
eggcellent
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

Sarsfield wrote:
With the criminals preying on Craigslist sellers, I now schedule meetings in the parking lot of my local police station or the Tim Horton's right next door that always has a couple doughnut eaters sitting in there. (No disrespect intended. I'm a doughnut eater myself.)

I always use Starbuck Coffee Shop for local transaction. They have surveillance camera and my local cop love Starbuck

Mar 26, 2015 at 07:27 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

jbregar wrote:
Except the fact that you're committing fraud. A small fraud, sure... but what's your integrity worth?

Vs a slightly bigger indiscretion: Paypal will pay $7.7M for sending money transfers to accounts linked to terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, Iran and Cuba

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:54 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

Snapsy, terrorism is simply some bunch of mayors not doing their jobs; WMD's never existed, and Iran and Cuba are our new allies😁😁😁😁😁 just ask the King

Mar 27, 2015 at 06:38 AM
jbregar
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

snapsy wrote:
Vs a slightly bigger indiscretion: Paypal will pay $7.7M for sending money transfers to accounts linked to terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, Iran and Cuba

"But he did it too!" is an excuse five year olds use to justify doing bad things.

If you disagree with PayPal's actions or policies, the answer is to not do business with them... not commit fraud yourself. C'mon... this is the kind of ethics lessons we should be learning in kindergarten.

Mar 27, 2015 at 08:38 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

jbregar wrote:
"But he did it too!" is an excuse five year olds use to justify doing bad things.

If you disagree with PayPal's actions or policies, the answer is to not do business with them... not commit fraud yourself. C'mon... this is the kind of ethics lessons we should be learning in kindergarten.

I didn't say anything of the sort. Why are you so quick to presume the worst of others?

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

NO PP GIFT!! That phrase has been drummed into members by fellow members and FRED repeatedly!!!! It is a WMD!!!! And this WMD is 4 real!!!
Yet people STILL don't get it!!! Stuck on stupid I guess...
Dan

Edited on Mar 28, 2015 at 08:18 AM · View previous versions

Mar 27, 2015 at 04:20 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

snapsy wrote:
I didn't say anything of the sort. Why are you so quick to presume the worst of others?

Then why bring it up except as some sort of justification?

Mar 28, 2015 at 05:51 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

jbregar wrote:

Love that hide button Justin....genes related!!

Mar 28, 2015 at 08:19 AM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

jbregar wrote:

Maybe to argue in support of the same position you have? But I guess when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM
PatrickDixon10
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

jbregar wrote:

Because poster loves to Justin!! It is his nature.....he has a penchant for this..follow his posts...

Mar 29, 2015 at 09:25 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

Does the guy have a web site? Does he post any pictures?

Only asking for evidence. he says he didn't get the camera? Every picture has exif information, including the serial number of the camera the shot was taken with, unless it was purposely stripped. The guy may not be that sophisticated. So, before you go to court, I would scour everywhere looking for that one picture.. evidence that he has the camera, and is using it.

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:02 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

ckcarr wrote:

Only asking for evidence. he says he didn't get the camera? Every picture has exif information, including the serial number of the camera the shot was taken with, unless it was purposely stripped. The guy may not be that sophisticated. So, before you go to court, I would scour everywhere looking for that one picture.. evidence that he has the camera, and is using it.

Good questions and direction Craig...a little research can answer many questions..
Dan

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:40 AM
eninety
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

ckcarr wrote:

i actually tried this exact method. unfortunately i couldn't find the exif. his site is http://jonathancorrea.com

Mar 30, 2015 at 02:05 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

Jeffrey's EXIF Viewer shows the following information for the single image on the front page of http://jonathancorrea.com

Copyright: Frank Multari
Date: March 7, 2015
Serial Number 6013561
Lens Info 50mm f/1.8
Lens 50.0 mm f/1.8
Lens ID 176

Nothing about the camera, and so maybe the SN is for the lens.

Mar 30, 2015 at 03:43 PM
eninety
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

NOPE! That's the cameras serial number. Have it on picture of the eBay item.

heres the pic of the camera.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181664986351?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%3A80%2Frover%2F0%2Fe11051.m43.l1123%2F7%3Feuid%3Deab94728254a4255ad54df12915e8744%26loc%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.com%252Fws%252FeBayISAPI.dll%253FViewItem%2526item%253D181664986351%2526ssPageName%253DADME%253AX%253ARTQ%253AUS%253A1123%26exe%3D11856%26ext%3D29245%26sojTags%3Dexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%26srcrot%3De11051.m43.l1123

Mar 30, 2015 at 05:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

Well then, maybe you have a case.

Score: Jeffrey's Exif viewer 1, scumbag 0.

Mar 30, 2015 at 05:40 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Help! Paypal Chargeback on local transaction!

You owe me $100 dollars!
Or a like...

This reminds me of something I've never understood. Why people hide license plate numbers, or don't post serial numbers... It can only help.

Edited on Apr 01, 2015 at 07:42 PM · View previous versions

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:42 PM
       3       4       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

3       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.