Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

sigler
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears is a company that writes articles about you/your industry and creates many links back to your site.

Isn't this Black Hat SEO?

Rob

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

That's definitely black hat. DO NOT do it, you'll pay the price sooner or later.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:51 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

I don't think spamming backlinks everywhere works anymore. Google caught on to that. That's what SEO companies used to do. A friend of mine actually got delisted or had his ranking bumped dramatically after Google caught on his use of SEO services.

Aside setting up your site properly (XML maps, proper meta head data, etc.) I don't know of any services or cheat that will bump you further up the rankings. I've been experimenting with boosting individual facebook posts, promoting the page, google adwords, etc.

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:52 PM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

Thanks gang.

Mar 22, 2015 at 04:44 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

Link backs used to work great... they booked us like a million weddings a few years ago... then google changed up the algorithms and started penalizing people...
not sure what works anymore.. really trying to sort that out myself right now too.

Mar 22, 2015 at 04:49 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

The never ending forever changing seo game. 13 years ago up till 3 years ago we were on page one in our city for 5 different search terms. Then we got too busy and couldn't keep up with blogging and our site. We dropped to page 6,7&8 for those same terms just from not being active. 3 months ago I decided to step my shit up again and did a total overhaul of my site. Changed everything backend. Changed all of our seo and stayed blogging again. 1 month ago were back to page 4 for all of the search terms we wanted. This week we are on page 1 for 2 terms and page 3 for the other terms. The ones on page 3 seem to climb a spot or two every few days after a new blog post. I think one of the biggest things that has changed with Google is you need to be ridiculously active not only on your site but also with social. Plus everything needs to linked but can't be repetitive on all channels. I also stopped using yoast seo plugin and within a month we were back to moving on up.

Mar 22, 2015 at 10:34 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

paparazzinick wrote:
I also stopped using yoast seo plugin and within a month we were back to moving on up.

Any idea or reason why you went this route?

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:01 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

hardlyboring wrote:

Link backs used to work great... they booked us like a million weddings a few years ago.

So you participated in these link farming websites?

I didn't know that really use to even work.

Mar 23, 2015 at 01:45 AM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

I just starting using the Yoast SEO plugin. Is this not a good idea? Rob

Mar 23, 2015 at 06:46 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

MRomine wrote:
Any idea or reason why you went this route?

Someone else on this board said they stopped using it because it was messing with their seo. I looked at my site and the code for each page and yoast was messing with it. Plus when my site showed up on Google, what was showing looking weird. Once I deleted the plugin it looked fine and the code was much better.

Mar 23, 2015 at 06:53 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

sigler wrote:
I just starting using the Yoast SEO plugin. Is this not a good idea? Rob

I used to think so but recently changed my mind. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with whatever theme you use.

Mar 23, 2015 at 06:59 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

paparazzinick wrote:
Someone else on this board said they stopped using it because it was messing with their seo. I looked at my site and the code for each page and yoast was messing with it. Plus when my site showed up on Google, what was showing looking weird. Once I deleted the plugin it looked fine and the code was much better.

Thanks for elaborating. Fortunately, I'm not seeing this at the present.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

paparazzinick wrote:

that could have been me. In december i did a major change of my site, AND dropped Yoast. I fell slowly from place 4 to 12. I tried all to climb up again and was getting to place 9 or so. After reactivating Yoast I jumped to place 6 within a few day, nothing changed since then, which was about 3 weeks ago.

? Donīt know if Yoast is good or bad, but I am using it again at the moment.

heiko

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

MRomine wrote:
Thanks for elaborating. Fortunately, I'm not seeing this at the present.

Yes I think a lot of the issues depend on your theme. With my current theme there is built in seo options that are similar to yoast. I think it was conflicting with yoast. So I ditched it. My old theme was working OK with it but still not as good as my current theme without it.

Just keep an eye on your source code of yiur site and look at the behind the scenes seo stuff anytime yiu update the them or plugin.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:25 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

heikoM wrote:
that could have been me. In december i did a major change of my site, AND dropped Yoast. I fell slowly from place 4 to 12. I tried all to climb up again and was getting to place 9 or so. After reactivating Yoast I jumped to place 6 within a few day, nothing changed since then, which was about 3 weeks ago.

? Donīt know if Yoast is good or bad, but I am using it again at the moment.

heiko

Yes that was you. Thanks for chiming in. I think yoast is good and bad. Depends on how you use it and your theme.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:03 AM
sigler
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

Anyone else notice a decline in SEO while using Yoast?

Mar 25, 2015 at 04:03 PM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

sigler wrote:
Anyone else notice a decline in SEO while using Yoast?

Not quite a straight answer to your question, but a few weeks ago I took an indepth look at Wordpress and Yoast as part of the new requirement to make your site mobile friendly.

Search results for numerous strings were totally dominated by users of Yoast. Whats more they were ranking high on page one coming out of nowhere with new blog pages featuring venues that never previously featured on their sites at all.

And very few of them are big users or social media.

Looked like a no-brainer.

But it gradually became apparent that there is a very significant amount of backend work involved both in the setting up and in the ongoing maintenance. You really do have to put in the effort continuously otherwise high rankings are more likely to be from luck than from judgement.

In the end I did not go that route chiefly because I don't like to depend on Wordpress themes which may or may not adapt to new requirements and practices - so you risk having to do major rewrites. And I also don't like how Wordpress and its plugins deals with large databases of images.

It also seemed to me that sooner or later google searches would become nothing more than a list of people who use Yoast rather than a list of the most relevant pages. Users would come to the conclusion that "google is not as good as it was" and stop using it. So googles only response could be to somehow stop Yoast users from "artificially" muscling in on the top results. "Artificially" is not quite the right word as all Yoast is doing is implementing an in depth understanding of SEO, nothing blackhat. But that is not in googles longterm interests.

Times have changed and now its hardly worth devoting lots of valuable time to organic SEO and social media as so many business owners are switched on to it.

Also, just as an experiment if you like, try setting up a proper Adwords campaign. This will involve you in specifying numerous search strings together with their appropriate landing pages. I guarantee you will be shocked at how many search string we take for granted that people will use are hardly used at all. With many strings you cannot even get that particular ad up and running because google reports there are too few searches on it. This is particularly the case with strings involving venue names. You might pat yourself on the back that your page featuring xxx high end venue is in the top 5 on page one of the organic results, only to find that when you construct an actual Adword ad for it no-one actually searches on it.

Pete

Mar 26, 2015 at 04:09 AM
adamx12m
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

Yoast is a decent plugin with some very good controls over what pages/posts you want indexed. Getting it configured right can be a challenge. I'm not a big fan of Yoast because I think it's a bit heavy on site performance but it does work well. On-page seo is also still important so adding context to the title and description fields for your content is advisable. Google has been sending warnings for quite a while that page speed, mobility design, and quality content are important so you have to play by the rules to even have a chance for organic ranking. The biggest flaw most people don't do is register their site in google webmaster tools to get insight with crawling issues. SEO is not easy and time consuming, just like tagging your photos with keywords so in the end it should be done.

Regarding article building, it's still popular and not necessarily blackhat unless your building private blogging networks and generating unnatural links to your site. Easy to hire writers to build quality articles, post them on your site and promote them through social and email, much better strategy. People keep forgetting if you're running a business the point is to create brand value, too much "me too" services.

Adwords, Bing are complex ad platforms that most will fail at within the first few months. I'm certified in adwords and I can tell you a ton of stories with disaster campaigns and big money wasted. Keyword research is critical, easy to find keyword phrases but extremely important to control the scope of variations that will trigger the wrong click (eg. "tow truck vs toy tow truck"). Adwords is a great platform but figure your budget, create great text/image ads, and dedicated landing pages. You may not be able to compete with keyword search campaigns but pick and choose your battles. Display ads are much easier and cheaper but you need compelling ads to get that click to your site. Social ads are whole another game and audience but extremely powerful if you understand the audience.

Mar 31, 2015 at 01:46 PM
Rumegado
[X]
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

:
Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears is a company that writes articles about you/your industry and creates many links back to your site.

Isn't this Black Hat SEO?

Rob

I think it's better to pay for backlinks (this is something related to SEO). Since I work a lot in SEO, I think paying for SEO can increase revenue several times. Once when I was just starting out in this position, I tried to do most of the work on my own, but after finding an article about SEO promotion on various forums, I found a service asiavirtualsolutions.com which has helped me increase my income and free time, which I am very happy about.

Edited on Jan 20, 2020 at 02:35 PM · View previous versions

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:43 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Anybody pay for SEO? SEO gears?

https://www.complaintsboard.com/seo-gears-seo-gears-will-haunt-you-c640255

Jan 17, 2020 at 02:00 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.