New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · "An error occurred while evaluating Javascript for the package."

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "An error occurred while evaluating Javascript for the package."

Trying to install Lightroom 5.2 and get the above error message. Lots of mention of the error on the Web, but don't see any simple solution.

Mac OS 10.8.5

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "An error occurred while evaluating Javascript for the package."

Anyone?

Mar 23, 2015 at 12:03 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "An error occurred while evaluating Javascript for the package."

That error has more to do with the operating system than it does Lightroom, from my experience. 10.8.5 happens to be one of the OS versions that's most susceptible to this error.

My first suggestion would be to update yourself to a more modern OS. 10.8.5 is two versions back from current. I'd update to either Mavericks (10.9.x) or Yosemite (10.10.x) if your hardware can run it. Both of those perform better than Mountain Lion (10.8.x) on the same hardware anyway.

Second, why are you trying to install Lr 5.2? 5.7.1 is the current version.

While I'm all for a "if it works, don't screw with it" attitude about some stuff, I've found (over many years of troubleshooting computer problems) that outdated software is a huge pain in the ass when something goes wrong and you trip on a bug that was never fixed.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:05 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.