New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Going to Oakham School

Benedictine
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Going to Oakham School

Oakham School, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakham_School) in the town of that name is situated in Rutland which is the smallest county of England. It is a fee-paying school with an excellent reputation; old boys include the influential Cistercian Monk Thomas Merton.

Mar 20, 2015 at 01:44 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Going to Oakham School

Demonstrates a lot of the Olde English charm. The tree on the left makes the building a little muddy. Perhaps a color version might show better, or rotate to the right and see what there is to capture from that point of view. I think you could easily get a whole set of captures and details from the area in view.
I think we just celebrated T. Merton's 100th anniversary.
Douglas

Mar 20, 2015 at 07:12 AM
Benedictine
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Going to Oakham School

Thanks for your helpful comments Douglas. You are right about Merton, he was born 31st January 1915 in Prades, France and died 10th. December 1968 whilst in Bangkok, Thailand attending an inter-faith conference. Hugely influential on many people and events of the 1950’s and 1960’s including me!

Mar 20, 2015 at 09:46 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Going to Oakham School

How are you, my dear friend, Andrew-Bede? I hope you got my e-mail that I sent you after you resurfaced. I've not heard from you since then so I wonder.

Be that as it may, this area has a lot of potential for wonderful shots. I wish the fellow walking away from you was about a foot or so closer to you when you took the shot. As it is, his head and body get a little jumbled up into the background architecture. No matter, it is a fascinating look at a very romantic looking place.

I trust you and Beryl are well. Please update me when you can.

Fond regards,

Endre

Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Benedictine
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Going to Oakham School

Thanks Endre my friend for thisand yes I did get your email, sorry I did not reply, (mia culpa) I will email you later. Best wishes, Andrew-Bede

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:46 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.