New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer ink question

LSExplorer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer ink question

I had a Pro-100 printer some time ago. To my surprise today I realized the gray ink cartridge has be used up and I checked other ones and found most of them are left with less than a half. However I still haven't used up the 50 Semi-gross papers that came with the printer.

I checked Canon online to see a re-order of 8-set ink cartridges and it costs a little over $100, expense.

My question is: does the re-ordered set have the same amount of ink in each cartridge as the one that comes with the printer? If not, how much more does the retailed one has (suppose the retailed one has more ).

Thanks in advance.

Mar 19, 2015 at 09:44 PM
Nowhere Man
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer ink question

From here:
http://www.photoreview.com.au/reviews/printers/canon-pixma-pro-100-printer

Consumables
Despite its different ink configuration, the Pro-100 uses the same ChromaLife 100+ dye-based ink system as the Pro9000 Mark II it replaces. The ink tanks are the same size and have a capacity of approximately 13 ml. Replacement cartridges are priced at AU$25.99 each (or US$16.99 MSRP from Canon USA).

Canon offers bundled sets of replacement cartridges at a discount for some PIXMA printers but we couldn't find any for the Pro-100 when this review was written.

Canon publishes the following ink yield figures for this printer, based on the ISO/JIS-SCID N2 test file at 11 x 14-inch size:
Black: 65 photos
Grey: 70 photos
Light Grey: 111 photos
Cyan: 58 photos
Magenta: 48 photos
Yellow: 51 photos
Photo Cyan: 60 photos
Photo Magenta: 37 photos

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:40 AM
gse53
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer ink question

Canon publishes the following ink yield figures for this printer, based on the ISO/JIS-SCID N2 test file at 11 x 14-inch size:

Canon. No way i get those yields. Not even close. I print mostly 12x16.

To answer the OP original question The cartridges you get with the printer are not a starter set, but full cartridges you get retail.

If you have a Staples near you, sign up for their rewards program. They give you a $2 credit for each cartridge you turn in. They do not stock the CLI-42 in their stores but, order online. As a rewards member, you get free shipping. It comes in 1-2 days to my home. I also turn in used laser toner cartridges from my office at work. This keeps my per cartridge cost down to about $10-$12.

Gary

Mar 20, 2015 at 08:10 AM
LSExplorer
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer ink question

Thanks Nowhere Man and Gary. Your provided info is very helpful.

Mar 20, 2015 at 08:24 AM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer ink question

Plus they have sales frequently - 15% off.

Mar 20, 2015 at 06:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.