FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · M to A7ii helicoid adapter

timballic
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · M to A7ii helicoid adapter

JaKo wrote:
The advantage of Hawk's is its locking screws for infinity hard stop adjustment. This pretty much limit its use to a single lens unless you want to recalibrate it each time. Still, great adapter and fairly well made.
If you rather have a single helicoid for multiple lenses I would suggest Japanese Shoten, which is made on pair with Voigtlander, costs less and allows 6mm extension (Voigtlander extends "only" 4mm and Hawk's up to 3mm)

It seems the Yeenon do a version with infinity lock too (in black and silver, or all silver)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LM-NEX-Leica-M-VM-E-Close-Focus-Adapter-A7-A7RII-with-infinity-lock-button-Black-/262282785190?hash=item3d1145b1a6:g:sowAAOSwHQ9WY9MG

..and here in action for 15sec, but a useful 15 sec ;o)

Mar 06, 2016 at 08:51 AM
Charlie N
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · M to A7ii helicoid adapter

Been using the cheap $35 adapter for my CV 40 for about a year now, no issues. Can't see paying any more for the adapter.

Mar 06, 2016 at 09:08 AM
taemo
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · M to A7ii helicoid adapter

Charlie N wrote:
Been using the cheap $35 adapter for my CV 40 for about a year now, no issues. Can't see paying any more for the adapter.

any light leak with the cheap adapter.
when I had the shoten helicoid adapter, it had 0 light leak.

thinking of getting another M-NEX adapter, for those that owns the Yeenon, does the helicoid get loose over time, worth the extra $ for the lock?

Apr 21, 2016 at 08:26 AM
ISO1600
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · M to A7ii helicoid adapter

There have been fancy/expensive Japanese adapters in the past that were just rebranded from Taiwan or China. I won't spend the $$$ on Japanese adapters because of this. Domestically (in Korea) marketed adapters get crazy expensive as well. I had to pick up a FD-D one time in Seoul in a pinch, and got raped.

Glad to see this thread though. It looks like the helicoid adapter market is improving. I may try out the Yeenon, I'd love to get another Canon LTM 35/2, and the close focusing (or lack thereof) is the only thing against that lens IMO.

Apr 21, 2016 at 08:47 AM
aiken11

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · M to A7ii helicoid adapter

Any issue with oil/metallic dust going from helicoid to the sensor?

Sep 20, 2016 at 05:47 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.