New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

Ghostinz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

I currently own a couple Nikon DSLR cameras and a A6000.

My daughter wants a camera for a wedding gift. To be used for stills and video, she has a 4 year old and one on the way.

I have narrowed my choices down to the FZ1000 and the Sony RX10. I like both cameras and both have some features that are appealing. I like that the Sony can charge in camera. I like the tilt LCD on the FZ. Aperture on the RX10 is constant 2.8 which is nice, but longer zoom on the FZ.

Leaning towards the FZ, just from a price standpoint. But if they were both priced the same, I would probably go for the RX10 for the build quality and slightly smaller size.

Thoughts?

Mar 19, 2015 at 01:37 PM
ab7638
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

I bought an RX10 a while back and really like it. Unfortunately I don't use it very much so my experience with it is limited but for what it's done so far I'm impressed with it.

Mar 19, 2015 at 01:52 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

If you can wait for a month or two a new RX10 model is rumored be announced soon. Will likely have 4K video recording.

Mar 19, 2015 at 02:08 PM
riveredger
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

For capturing kids, there is no substitute for a DSLR or Sony SLT.

Mar 19, 2015 at 08:28 PM
Ghostinz
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

riveredger wrote:
For capturing kids, there is no substitute for a DSLR or Sony SLT.

I have two DSLRs and a Sony ILC. But unfortunately the budget dictates this, and also the fact that she wants something where she doesn't have to change lenses.

As far as 4k, not sure if its needed. I like both cameras, and if it were for myself, I would probably lean towards the RX10. But since its for them, I think the FZ1000 is a better fit. I wish the would just advertise the FZ1000 as a constant F4, because its goes from 2.8 to 4 when zoomed from about 24mm to 35mm....

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:13 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · either a RX10 or FZ1000

Ghostinz wrote:
I have two DSLRs and a Sony ILC. But unfortunately the budget dictates this, and also the fact that she wants something where she doesn't have to change lenses.

As far as 4k, not sure if its needed. I like both cameras, and if it were for myself, I would probably lean towards the RX10. But since its for them, I think the FZ1000 is a better fit. I wish the would just advertise the FZ1000 as a constant F4, because its goes from 2.8 to 4 when zoomed from about 24mm to 35mm....

4K is not needed but the ability to extract high-quality 8MP stills from video is a great feature that some may not be aware of. I think it's a highly underrated feature of 4K.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:54 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.