New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Question on warranty for back-ordered products

cambyses
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Question on warranty for back-ordered products

Just curious, has anyone had any experience with warranty service for products s/he had received long after placing the order?

It looks like I may be receiving Sigma 150-600, 5-6 months after the order was placed. Obviously it does not make sense for the warranty period to start from the date of order (as it usually does). So I am wondering what document(s) I should keep in my records to prove that I actually received the lens much later than the date shown on the receipt. UPS tracking record, or what?

Thanks...

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:44 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Question on warranty for back-ordered products

That seems logical. I certainly would keep copies of all shipping records in addition to the sales receipt.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM
MitchSC
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Question on warranty for back-ordered products

I ordered a Canon close up lens right after the Tsunami that took a few months to get from Adorama, but they don't charge your card until the item is shipped. I'm assuming that is not the case here. Also I know that when someone buys a new home the appliance warranty starts when the owner takes possession of the home. I always tell my clients to be sure and fill out the warranty card. Just an example. So it is probably worth a call to Sigma.

Good Question.

Mar 19, 2015 at 01:15 PM
cambyses
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Question on warranty for back-ordered products

Called both B&H and Sigma, and I was told that the warranty would obviously start from when I receive the lens. And as Andre suggested, I should keep copies of my shipping records. In fact, B&H always includes a paper receipt in the shipping box which should show the actual shipping date. So I think I should be covered.

Mitch -- In regards to warranty card, I almost never fill them out but do always register online. And as I recall, you would only put the order date on a warranty card. So I don't think it would help this situation anyway.

Mar 19, 2015 at 01:35 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Question on warranty for back-ordered products

you have ordered the product. with B&H and any other "real" store/reseller you are not charged until the product actually ships. your order is a request to purchase. no actual transaction has occurred at this time for said product ordered until it ships and one takes ownership. the "contract for services" aka: warranty would begin upon payment/shipment of said goods and then they usually add a good faith "cushion" too for actual shipping and then some.

your warranty information is with most companies your physical receipt/packing list which contains purchase/shipping date.

Mar 20, 2015 at 08:39 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.