New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

finnphotos
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

I was on a Yoga Hike last week getting some shots for a fitness company and ended up liking this portrait. CC is always appreciated! Thanks.

suzanne-1 by claythomasfinn, on Flickr

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:48 AM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

I think this is a nice concept, but the slope in the back on the left of the frame is a bit distracting, as it is as bright as the subject. Perhaps a vertical crop would solve that, assuming the client can use a vertical crop. Otherwise, swinging around to your left might have produced a more flattering background. Also, I'd probably clone out the antenna on the peak behind her.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM
Disaster
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

I think this is perfect. Wouldn't change a thing other than maybe clone out that out of focus line (tree...cell tower?) at the center of the top of the photo but that is totally not necessary.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:02 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

Nicely done. Lighting looks good. The only small thing I notice is her left leg - maybe we should see more of it as it disappears in the grasses. Maybe having her silhouetted entirely against the hills instead of partially against the sky would be better, but both of these are small musings, not a serious critique.

Mar 18, 2015 at 12:20 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

looks good

Mar 18, 2015 at 02:19 PM
finnphotos
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I will definitely need to clone out the antenna. I will keep all other changes in mind. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2015 at 06:14 PM
naypay
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

It's a great photo. I do think the frame needs to be rotated a couple degrees clockwise.
But to go in a fitness brochure I would do some serious photoshop work. If the camera angle was a little more profile for her body it wouldn't be an issue, but in the above photo the back leg is not looking as fit and shapely as it could due to the angle, not the model. It's an easy fix in photoshop. While you are at it I would probably thin down her front upper arm a touch. There are a number of other minor things I would do as well but I don't want to nitpick too much. Again, I'm only saying it because I want to be helpful and it can take your already good shot to a much better place.

I am a woman and the audience is probably a woman also. And women who are fitness minded notice these things.

Mar 20, 2015 at 08:07 PM
MP79
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yoga Portrait in Flowers

Very good photo overall. For me it would be better however if her hand (front) were posed just a bit away from her body. As it is, it kind of looks like she is scratching herself or something and that is right where my eye goes.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:14 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.