New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Mini photo studio for product photography

harrower83

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mini photo studio for product photography

I'm thinking to buy small photo table with lights for product photography.

Currently I have two on my list, I like first because of the price.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-Studio-Dauerlicht-Set-4x150W-Lampen-mit-Aufnahmetisch-4-Hintergrunde-/161571823034?pt=DE_Foto_Camcorder_Studio_Beleuchtungssets&hash=item259e6e5dba

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LIFE-of-PHOTO-Aufnahmetisch-Set-AT-5070-4-4x150-W-mit-Galgenstativ-Studiotasche-/141416591199?pt=DE_Fotostudio_Zubeh%C3%B6r_Aufnahmetische_Lichtw%C3%BCrfel&hash=item20ed15ef5f

Does somebody has comments and experience about them?

Mar 18, 2015 at 02:44 AM
Lauchlan Toal
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mini photo studio for product photography

What kind of product photography are you looking to do? If you want to shoot lots of small items on white backdrops, either of these kits will probably work pretty well. I prefer a little more versatility though, and find that a few cheap speedlights and some pieces of white foamcore as reflectors works much better if I need to shoot environmental shots, larger items, moving items (like splashes), or items with unusual designs. 3 Yongnuo 560 III's, a trigger, and assorted lightstands would probably cost about the same as the larger kit, and you'd have more control. (But also a little more work learning how to get best results.)

Mar 18, 2015 at 09:52 AM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mini photo studio for product photography

Before you buy anything, buy and read "Light - Magic & Science" by Hunter, Fils, and Fuqua. It teaches you how to control light, shadow, and above all, reflections to make objects look real.

Then forget the tent, as Lauchlan says you will have more control outside a tent with a sweep and some reflectors and flags.

<Chas>

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:43 AM
Danner
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mini photo studio for product photography

I like the fabric department at the local Wal-Mart for sweep fabric and scrims, and a couple of 12"x16" soft boxes with strobe/model light combos to start with. Add reflectors, grids, shoots, and gobos as needed. Half the fun is playing around with the look.

Mar 19, 2015 at 09:29 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.