New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

I have an Epson 3880 printer which I have always had connected to my computer directly via a USP port and cable. Recently I have redone my home network and have tried to change this printer connection over to an RJ45 Ethernet cable, CAT5e connected via my gigabyte switch.

My problem is that I can follow the Epson instructions which state to use the printer menu and select NETWORK SETUP/(Disable or Enable), so I enable, then I set the IP address setting to "Auto" and back out of the menu. The instructions say to then re-start the printer and these settings should be saved. However, each time I restart the printer it loses the settings and reverts back to the default, which is "disable."

So my question is, how can I get the printer to retain the network settings?

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM
howardm4
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

did you do this.............

If you selected AUTO as the IP ADDRESS SETTING, press the + Cancel/Reset button to exit the printer menu. Then continue with step 14.

(step 14 is the power off/on step).

BTW, you will save yourself a LOT of grief if you choose PANEL (ie. manual/static IP addressing vs. AUTO/DHCP) instead.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

It's been a while, but I set the IP address in the 3880 manually and it didn't change. Does it start with 10. something?

EBH

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

EB1, all my internal network addresses are of the 192.168.254.### sequence, as set by the router.

I did do that, but thanks. Right now I am simply trying to figure out why the printer will not retain the settings...

howardm4 wrote:
did you do this.............

If you selected AUTO as the IP ADDRESS SETTING, press the + Cancel/Reset button to exit the printer menu. Then continue with step 14.

(step 14 is the power off/on step).

BTW, you will save yourself a LOT of grief if you choose PANEL (ie. manual/static IP addressing vs. AUTO/DHCP) instead.

Mar 14, 2015 at 12:54 PM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

are you backing out of the entire 'menu' (to the READY level) before you power cycle it?

If the router is set to be a DHCP server, there will be a place in the router setup where you define the DHCP 'range' (or how many addresses to reserve). If you decide to go w/ a static address on the printer, you want to make sure to NOT use one from the DHCP range.

Mar 14, 2015 at 01:02 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Epson 3880 Printer Networking Question

howardm4 wrote:
are you backing out of the entire 'menu' (to the READY level) before you power cycle it?

If the router is set to be a DHCP server, there will be a place in the router setup where you define the DHCP 'range' (or how many addresses to reserve). If you decide to go w/ a static address on the printer, you want to make sure to NOT use one from the DHCP range.

Yes, totally backing out exactly as the instructions specified. I also wait for the led lights in the back to go out before turning back on. I was hoping there was some obvious thing I was missing. My network does see the printer, but since I cannot get the settings to "stick" I cannot print to it.

I'm not going to put a lot of effort into it though as I'll just use the USB cable.

Mar 14, 2015 at 03:43 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.