Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

kabraxcis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

I bought a 150-600 off of B&S board, shot with it a bit and realized it was soft. (or correctly put, backfocusing)

I did a dottune to find that the beginning of my "green dot zone" was at +20 on the long end

That is, the green dot zone would be something like +20~+28

Knowing that I can't do better than +20 on my Canon, I just did that.

Tried it out. Better, but still bad.

What are my options?

Send in to Tamron? With or without body?

Send both to Canon?

I am not a CPS member if that helps

Mar 13, 2015 at 05:24 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

Send it back to the seller for a refund? At least talk to the seller.

Call both Tamron and Canon and see what they say? But I expect both will say send it to Tamron without body.

You didn't say, but I assume you are not having any similar trouble with multiple other lenses.

Mar 13, 2015 at 05:39 AM
kabraxcis
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

It's been a while since I bought it off the seller that I don't feel that he should accept a return.

Probably been a couple months.

I guess I can call both tamron and canon and go for the cheaper route

Mar 13, 2015 at 05:46 AM
riokid
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

I do not think Canon would touch it

Tamron would not touch a "non-US" lens. Is there a "US" sticker outside the box? Also they might finicky and honor the warranty only for the original registered owner. Maybe ask the seller to help sending it back. That is the reason I do not buy used Tamrons

Good luck.

dan

Mar 13, 2015 at 07:37 AM
kabraxcis
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

Yeah well I guess I never thought I'd run into a lens requiring 20+ MA

I'm sure other people will have different lenses and some will have a body that will fit mine, so if the send-in fee becomes too high I can just sell my copy

Mar 13, 2015 at 07:42 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

kabraxcis wrote:
It's been a while since I bought it off the seller that I don't feel that he should accept a return.

Probably been a couple months.

I guess I can call both tamron and canon and go for the cheaper route

Your only action is going to be tamron . Canon won't touch it .

Mar 13, 2015 at 07:48 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

Send Canon a competitor's lens, really? C'MON Man

Mar 13, 2015 at 08:28 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

Why would you expect Canon to touch a Tamron lens, or Tamron to touch a Canon camera?

Mar 13, 2015 at 09:26 AM
gwaww
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

I believe that this lens has a 6 year warranty, although i don't know if it is transferable, if not then ask the seller to send it in.

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM
C Parish
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

IF you haven't already, check the "Dot Tune" thread, as there is a trick to MA a lense that falls outside the range of MA. IT still may not help, but worth checking before sending it in.

Cheers

Mar 13, 2015 at 12:23 PM
voltaire
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tamron 150-600 unable to MA, should I send to Tamron or Canon?

Tamron will ask you for a copy of the invoice. They did that when they updated the firmware on the 150-600. It might still be worth trying since it is supposed to have a 6-year warranty. My IS wasn't properly working and they replaced the IS mechanism and somehow the images seem sharper than before. I haven't calibrated it yet. My latest shot with the Tammy is in the Weekly Assignments section - "fly me to the moon."

Good luck.

Mar 13, 2015 at 03:41 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.