Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Any wildlife opportunites in Iceland come end march?

Contrails

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any wildlife opportunites in Iceland come end march?

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the best place to post this. I am going to Iceland end of the month, mostly for landscape but will there be much wildlife as well? Dont want to miss this opportunity as it might be my one and only trip there. Will it still be too cold especially for birds? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Ryan

Mar 12, 2015 at 01:42 PM
Aztatlan
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any wildlife opportunites in Iceland come end march?

You certainly don't visit in March for bird photography opportunities. Go for the stunning winter landscapes and the aurora. With that said, you do have a shot at seeing reindeer in winter particularly on the eastern side.

Mar 13, 2015 at 05:37 AM
Contrails

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any wildlife opportunites in Iceland come end march?

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

Mar 16, 2015 at 09:07 AM
shl3608

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any wildlife opportunites in Iceland come end march?

So, I'm going to interpret your wildlife as something other than the main attraction in Iceland = puffins. I was in Iceland last week of Feb this year. If you head east towards, Hofn, you might see some some wild reindeer cows that graze on the grass near the roads. We saw some ourselves and I managed to get some pics of them. Even the locals in Reykjavik were surprised when I told them we saw several feeding so close to the cars. Apparently they come down from the mountains to graze this time of the year... though not sure if you'll see any end of March.

At the glacier lagoon, i saw plenty of seals and birds flying around - surely we have the same animals in North America but to see them swimming among the glaciers, I was sorry I didn't have my telephoto lens with me. I managed with my 24-120mm

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.