Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

OBXGuide
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

. . . and they continue to amaze me. Architect7 has a post with a Cormorant taking off, which reminded me of an image of mine. This is NOT about my image ( it's crappy) but it's about the Cormorant, which is obviously taking off. You've all probably seen this action before, nothing new. But stop to think about the fact that these three water splashes and associated water droplets are all hanging in the air in this photo. You're only seeing 3 of the many splashes here, though there's more of them not in the frame, and they're all hanging in the air. Consider the distance this bird has traveled just to cover the three splashes you can see. You have to come to the conclusion that ...
THIS DUDE IS BOOKIN' IT !!
If I only had this much energy.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:36 PM
architect7
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

Ha, love it! Yesterday was my first opportunity witnessing this takeoff process and it has me absolutely infatuated with these creatures. Sadly it is raining today here in the Seattle area or else I'd be headed back to their hangout spot for more runway shots.

Mar 11, 2015 at 01:14 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

Fact : Birds evolved from min-T.Rexes (sorry I don't know the exact name) and are actually the only true descendants of Dinosaurs remaining (that fact comes courtesy of a Nat Geo program I watched yesterday)

Mar 11, 2015 at 01:23 PM
OBXGuide
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

Frogfish wrote:
Fact : Birds evolved from min-T.Rexes (sorry I don't know the exact name) and are actually the only true descendants of Dinosaurs remaining (that fact comes courtesy of a Nat Geo program I watched yesterday)

Even so, you wouldn't think Cormorants (and other swimming/diving birds) would have the bone/muscle structure for "running" per se, based on their swimming ability. You would think swimming is a far cry from running, but these guys seem to have it figured out.

Fred

Mar 11, 2015 at 03:12 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

They are truly amazing !

Birdie

Mar 11, 2015 at 05:40 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · You have to admit.... birds are amazing creatures . . .

Neat birds, and fun to watch Fred. I like watching them fight over fish ~ Ron

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:16 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.