Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

cmxchuck
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Back to bigger birds. Cheers, Chuck

Great Blue Heron

Tri-Color Heron

Tri-Color Heron

GBH - Showing off during mating season.

Mar 10, 2015 at 08:10 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Lovely set Chuck ! If you have room, would love to see them not so tight in the frame.

Birdie

Mar 10, 2015 at 08:14 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Nice shots, the Tri-color is my favorite of the set. Just one little critique,
put more space in front of the bird so they're not so centered, a little
direction in the way they're going or looking.

-Tim

Mar 10, 2015 at 08:15 PM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

birdied wrote:
Lovely set Chuck ! If you have room, would love to see them not so tight in the frame.

Birdie

Thanks Birdie. I have plenty of room but thought the more closer, the better? I guess my thinking was what is subject vs background, etc.

Mar 11, 2015 at 07:26 AM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

tfoltz wrote:

-Tim

Hi Tim, Thanks. I will try that. So, maybe 1/3 behind, 2/3 in front or what is a good ratio you use?

Mar 11, 2015 at 07:27 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Extra nice Chuck. I do agree with Tim though. Another little nit - clone out the white object above the heron in 1. It's better if man made stuff doesn't show in your shots. I've never seen a tri-colored in person. It's one of my target birds for next week along with the Reddish Egret ~ Ron

Mar 11, 2015 at 08:09 AM
BeeBalm
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Good morning Chuck,
First one is my favorite.
Nice poses! Last one is very cool!
Have a great day,
BB

Mar 11, 2015 at 08:23 AM
fpoet
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Great pics! My preference go to the first and last ones. Same comment as the others for the in-flight pics, a lil more space in front of the bird would make them even better IMHO. Cheers

Mar 11, 2015 at 08:44 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Very nice images, 1 and 3 are my favourites and 4 is a close 2nd place. I think I mentioned the 1/3 2/3 framing in your previous post and I agree I would like to see a little more room in front of the bird. It gives the sense that the bird is flying into that space. However, cropping and composition is always a personal decision.

TFS
Geoff

Mar 11, 2015 at 09:22 AM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

surfnron wrote:
Extra nice Chuck. I do agree with Tim though. Another little nit - clone out the white object above the heron in 1. It's better if man made stuff doesn't show in your shots. I've never seen a tri-colored in person. It's one of my target birds for next week along with the Reddish Egret ~ Ron

---------------------------------------------
tfoltz wrote:

-Tim

arbitrage wrote:
Very nice images, 1 and 3 are my favourites and 4 is a close 2nd place. I think I mentioned the 1/3 2/3 framing in your previous post and I agree I would like to see a little more room in front of the bird. It gives the sense that the bird is flying into that space. However, cropping and composition is always a personal decision.

TFS
Geoff

Thanks Tim, Ron, Geoff and others. I added more space in front of bird and like it very much. Ron, you have very sharp eyes, I did not even notice the white object. So, thanks to all of you and here is redo #1. Let me know your thoughts please and any other helpful suggestions, they are much appreciated. Chuck

GBH Edit #1

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:44 AM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

BeeBalm wrote:
Good morning Chuck,
First one is my favorite.
Nice poses! Last one is very cool!
Have a great day,
BB

Thanks BB.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:45 AM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

fpoet wrote:
Great pics! My preference go to the first and last ones. Same comment as the others for the in-flight pics, a lil more space in front of the bird would make them even better IMHO. Cheers

Thanks fpoet. I just did a redo. Based on all the helpful suggestions. Chuck

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:47 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Thanks Tim, Ron, Geoff and others. I added more space in front of bird and like it very much. Ron, you have very sharp eyes, I did not even notice the white object. So, thanks to all of you and here is redo #1. Let me know your thoughts please and any other helpful suggestions, they are much appreciated. Chuck

I joined FM in 2004 when I bought a 20D. However, I was too intimidated to post here due to the high quality of the shots posted. I went to several other sites where the quality was not as high. One was a critique site where I was soundly thrashed many times for "stuff" in the BG. So I learned to check the BGs several times before posting a shot. It's now a habit... The repost is very nice ~ Ron

Mar 11, 2015 at 04:08 PM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

surfnron wrote:
I joined FM in 2004 when I bought a 20D. However, I was too intimidated to post here due to the high quality of the shots posted. I went to several other sites where the quality was not as high. One was a critique site where I was soundly thrashed many times for "stuff" in the BG. So I learned to check the BGs several times before posting a shot. It's now a habit... The repost is very nice ~ Ron

Thanks Ron (and others also). Yep, I sometimes take so little time to PP, have more fun being out and taking them. I DO appreciate all the helpful comments and suggestions. So always feel free to do. Thnaks again to all - Chuck

Mar 11, 2015 at 07:02 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

Very nice set with the third my pick Chuck

Morris

Mar 11, 2015 at 09:21 PM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · From Suuny FL - Herons.

morris wrote:
Very nice set with the third my pick Chuck

Morris

Thanks Morris.

Mar 12, 2015 at 08:40 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.