Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

thebratts
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Hi.
I believe i've found a lens i've been looking for, for a great price.. i think :-) , however it's available from Japan. The text is only in Japanese about the condition.

Anyone here that can assist to inform me what this says e.g. if google missed anything, i would be very happy.
The pictures looks very good.

Below, google translate

Orginal:
マウント部分に微細なスレはございますが使用感が少なく綺麗なレンズです。光学部や機能には全く問題はございません。 商品は、レンズ、前後キャップ、フード、フードキャップ、販売店カードとなり元箱入りとなります。 *商品は中古品ですので1点限りとなります。店頭販売及び実店舗でのweb販売もございますので、売切の際はご容赦願います。 なお、「購買代行社」が介入したお取引は固くお断りさせていただいております

Translation:
The fine thread to mount part .. is, but it is a beautiful lens less feeling. There is no problem at all to the optical part or function. Product, lens, front and back cap, hood, hood cap, will the original boxed become a dealer card. * Product will be as long as one point because it is second-hand goods. Because there is web sales of over-the-counter sales and real store, when selling up will please forgive. It should be noted, dealings 'purchasing agency' was intervention we have been strictly prohibited

----

I actually bought it since i believe it's a good copy, but just in case i'm wrong i wanted to get the help from the forum so i can cancel the order..

Thanks all..

Edited on Mar 08, 2015 at 06:55 PM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2015 at 06:20 PM
Ultron50
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Looks good. Which lens?

Mar 08, 2015 at 06:40 PM
thebratts
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

voigtlander macro apo-lanthar 125mm.
It was also Cy mount which is rare.
Price was $1450...

Edited on Mar 08, 2015 at 06:52 PM · View previous versions

Mar 08, 2015 at 06:47 PM
lostinjapan
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

My Day job is Japanese to English translation. And that translation is pretty close so I think you're okay.

Ryan

Mar 08, 2015 at 06:52 PM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

thebratts wrote:
voigtlander macro apo-lanthar 125mm.
It was also Cy mount which is rare.
Price was $1450...

If that price is in USD, check out what they go for on that big auction site...

voigtlander macro apo-lanthar 125mm =

Mar 08, 2015 at 07:24 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Hope it's in EX shape, you'll enjoy it for sure.

Mar 09, 2015 at 03:10 AM
thebratts
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Thanks for the responses. Feeling more confident this is a good copy and a bit of a "bargain".
I actually emailed the seller asking for info and it looks promising so now just the long wait for the delivery... I had planned to pickup the apo lanthar 180mm but stumbled upon this lens.

From the seller:
" Lens of state is a beautiful state.
Problem does not have anything.
It becomes Contax & Yashica mount."

Mar 09, 2015 at 03:24 AM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

I have read here and elsewhere that used lenses and equipment from reputable sellers in Japan are very, very, very conservatively rated.

You will probably have a very difficult time distinguishing your "second hand goods" translation description from new or NOS (new old stock).

Mar 09, 2015 at 07:03 AM
Joseph Garcin
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

To add to the translation, the first sentence mentions there is wear on the threads that won't affect image quality.

You have no need to worry 99.99% of the time with a Japanese seller.

Mar 09, 2015 at 08:32 PM
Taylor Sherman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

danski0224 wrote:
I have read here and elsewhere that used lenses and equipment from reputable sellers in Japan are very, very, very conservatively rated.

You will probably have a very difficult time distinguishing your "second hand goods" translation description from new or NOS (new old stock).

Not to hijack the thread, but I bought a ZM 35/2 from a large Japanese camera store via EBay and it had a significant focus wobble. Not sure if it was *the* Zeiss wobble, but focusing was not smooth. It also had a ding near or on the focus ring. I think it had been dropped. I emailed them and got a fairly "meh" response (they had not mentioned anything about it in their auction).

Mar 09, 2015 at 09:15 PM
thebratts
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Thanks Joseph. I did wonder about that first sentence.
Joseph Garcin wrote:
To add to the translation, the first sentence mentions there is wear on the threads that won't affect image quality.

Mar 10, 2015 at 01:12 AM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Considering the prices this lens is going for these days you should be fine paying that much for even a decent one (I mean, it's ridiculous, but you can resell it).

Mar 10, 2015 at 01:17 AM
Ultron50
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Help with Japanese Translation on Used Lens Condition for CV 125 APO

Joseph Garcin wrote:

Agree with first sentence.

I'd say that if the seller is Japanese, you don't need to worry. If it's a westerner living in Japan, then anything goes.

Mar 10, 2015 at 03:16 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.