New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D750 front focusing

Fivesense
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 front focusing

I've recently tried two separate D750s and I've had fairly drastic front focusing issues with both. Unexpectedly, the resulting images are soft in comparison to my D610. I did some AF fine tuning, and on my D610 my Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 is set at 0, with tack sharpness. On the D750, I had to go +15 and even then it was only moderately better. The same is true on my sharpest standard zoom- Sigma 24-105mm.

Of the very few issues I've read about the D750 (aside from the flare issue) the only relatively consistent gripe is image softness. I don't think it's widespread at all, especially considering the overwhelmingly great reviews the D750 has received. Are my expectations too high? I anticipated at least parity in IQ with my D610, but most likely superior with the D750. Two D750 copies exhibiting the same problem seems unusual to me.

Among other applications, I'm using the D750 for newborn portraiture so exacting sharpness is a must. Any thoughts from this community are appreciated.

Mar 07, 2015 at 03:40 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.