New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Canon loyalty

gratefool1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon loyalty

Has there been a change to the customer loyalty program recently? A friend said he called yesterday and now they only offer $20 off for turning in an old lens...

Mar 06, 2015 at 07:27 PM
pKai
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon loyalty

The only loyalty program I've ever been aware of and used many times is where you turn in a camera (dead or alive, any Canon model) in exchange for a 20% discount on another refurb camera body and whatever else you buy with it. You always had to turn in a camera and get another camera...

The only recent change that I'm aware of is that it used to work for any refurb body and lens(es) -- now they have a list of eligible products.... I recently tried to get an 8-15 FE and whatever body I needed to buy to get the 20% (I would sell the body for a profit -- done it a few times) and they informed me about the eligibility thing. The 8-15 was not on the list.

Mar 06, 2015 at 07:44 PM
sb in ak
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon loyalty

The lens with camera thing has always been a bit nebulous, I think. I've never heard of anyone turning in just an old lens before.

Mar 06, 2015 at 07:59 PM
campy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon loyalty

I talked to them today and they only have a $60 off a refurbed 6D or 5D3 but they give you a hdmi cable, bag, sd card and a battery.

Mar 07, 2015 at 05:59 PM
sb in ak
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon loyalty

campy wrote:
I talked to them today and they only have a $60 off a refurbed 6D or 5D3 but they give you a hdmi cable, bag, sd card and a battery.

Hmm. That's pretty poor. When I used the CLP in December 2013, they gave me 10% off a refurb 5D3/70-200.

Mar 07, 2015 at 06:11 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon loyalty

Canon has changed up their loyalty program.

So here are some things that have changed:

No more percentage discounts. It's a discount based on that particular model.
All cameras and lenses are in the program, new and refurbished.

I discussed the program with a Canon rep and just talked about the 5D III.

Here are the updated prices with discounts

refurb

5d iii = $2179.30 + tax
5d iii - 24-105 = $2659.20 + tax

new 5d iii + extra battery + camera bag (Gadget Bag 2400) + HDMI cable + 32 SD card = $2439

5D III + 24-105 - + extra battery + camera bag (Gadget Bag 2400) + HDMI cable + 32 SD card = $3039 + tax

I asked about some of the powershots and rebels and the discounts aren't that great.

Mar 07, 2015 at 06:54 PM
sb in ak
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon loyalty

That reminds me of the other problem with CLP. For some users it means paying sales tax. The Street Price program that Canon Price Watch offers is also worth taking a look at.

Mar 07, 2015 at 08:46 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.