Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Ag...

birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

I know many of you have been suffering with the weather and I wish you warmth.

For the far south, it is cold here for us. Going to freeze tonight. Yesterday it was 80 !

So, the last few are to hopefully give you a bit of brightness and cheer .

As always, I welcome suggestions for improvement on techniques and post .

Hope you enjoy.

Birdie

Thanks Karl. I have reworked and reposted as per your suggestions. Ted, tried to reduce the sharpening quite a bit. This new lens has me on a whole new learning curve with the sharpening.

Thanks again.

Birdie

1. Tufted Titmouse

Carolina Chickadee

Dandelion Seed Parachute Focus stacked about 22 shots

Leap Frog

Umbrella

Edited on Mar 07, 2015 at 05:04 PM · View previous versions

Mar 05, 2015 at 10:50 PM
pdmilesjr
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Beautiful pictures, Birdie. I have never tried to do water drops.

Mar 05, 2015 at 11:10 PM
onegreatcity
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Incredible images Birdie, I love the Chickadee and the Dandelion image is out of this world good!
-Cam

Mar 05, 2015 at 11:22 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

I'm usually all about the birds but I really enjoyed the dandelion and water drop shots.

TFS
Geoff

Mar 05, 2015 at 11:37 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Birdie, Great set but the last 3 are just plain awesome, wow.

-Tim

Mar 06, 2015 at 12:35 AM
marklankton
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

I like these, Birdie. FWIW, #3 is the one that would go on my bulletin board. (That's the display forum where I figure out what will eventually go on the wall... )
Mark

Mar 06, 2015 at 12:44 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Simply love the Dandelion Seed Parachute shot, Roberta !

Mar 06, 2015 at 01:30 AM
James McQueen
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Wow ..... Birdie great images of the chickadee and I really like the water drops.

- Jim

Mar 06, 2015 at 06:52 AM
plsand
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Hi -
These are great - I am wanting to learn - emailed you -
Paul

Mar 06, 2015 at 07:27 AM
treebeard
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Wow...that's quite a weather shift down there! #3 really rocks...TFS

-Tree

Mar 06, 2015 at 07:44 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Well Birdie, the seed is over the top - just a wonderful shot. The little ones are very nice, but in 2, I might try removing most of the dark on the right and cropping up a bit from the bottom to put more emphasis on the tit. There is nothing wrong with the current crop, and it works well, but I just prefer "more" of the bird. And you always do a great job on the water drops ~ Ron

Mar 06, 2015 at 08:55 AM
cmxchuck
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Superb Birdie. TFS. Chuck

Mar 06, 2015 at 10:29 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

pdmilesjr wrote:
Beautiful pictures, Birdie. I have never tried to do water drops.

Thanks Paul. I do appreciate it. You should give them a try.
---------------------------------------------

onegreatcity wrote:
Incredible images Birdie, I love the Chickadee and the Dandelion image is out of this world good!
-Cam

Cam, glad you like them. Thank you.

arbitrage wrote:
I'm usually all about the birds but I really enjoyed the dandelion and water drop shots.

TFS
Geoff

Thanks Geoff . I'm glad you guys let me post the water drops

tfoltz wrote:
Birdie, Great set but the last 3 are just plain awesome, wow.

-Tim

Thanks Tim, I appreciate it.

marklankton wrote:
I like these, Birdie. FWIW, #3 is the one that would go on my bulletin board. (That's the display forum where I figure out what will eventually go on the wall... )
Mark

Thanks so very much Mark !! I do so appreciate it.

Frogfish wrote:
Simply love the Dandelion Seed Parachute shot, Roberta !

Glad you like it, thank you.

James McQueen wrote:
Wow ..... Birdie great images of the chickadee and I really like the water drops.

- Jim

Jim, thanks so very much.

plsand wrote:
Hi -
These are great - I am wanting to learn - emailed you -
Paul

Thanks Paul. Happy to help if I can.

Birdie

Mar 06, 2015 at 08:00 PM
ahamp
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

The dandelion shot is exquisite and the water drops are very surrealistic. Very nice. Where were the water drop shots taken? Bird bath?

Mar 06, 2015 at 08:40 PM
OBXGuide
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Ooooo. Amazing water droplet shots, and the dandelion is wonderful. I'd love to do this sort of stuff, but I have too much fun chasing birds. Great work.

Mar 06, 2015 at 09:05 PM
davidearls
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Leaves me speechless.

Mar 06, 2015 at 11:01 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

You amaze me with what you see and capture with your splash-tech shots! These are sweet

The birds for me are open for some assistance.
#1 seems to be lacking contrast, shadows are opened up too much IMO
#2 Color seems off to me in the brown buffs of the breast and cheek whites aren't white IMO
so here are a few momentary renditions if you don't mind ..............

Edited on Mar 07, 2015 at 11:46 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Birdie: I have looked at your series multiple times and now feel more comfortable critiquing it.

The last three are nothing less than stunning

I like your redos on the first two but they appear over sharpened on my monitor.

Ted

Mar 07, 2015 at 10:16 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

treebeard wrote:
Wow...that's quite a weather shift down there! #3 really rocks...TFS

-Tree

Thanks Tree !

surfnron wrote:
Well Birdie, the seed is over the top - just a wonderful shot. The little ones are very nice, but in 2, I might try removing most of the dark on the right and cropping up a bit from the bottom to put more emphasis on the tit. There is nothing wrong with the current crop, and it works well, but I just prefer "more" of the bird. And you always do a great job on the water drops ~ Ron

Thanks so much Ron. I will try with the crop , thanks for the suggestion .

cmxchuck wrote:
Superb Birdie. TFS. Chuck

Appreciate it Chuck, thanks

ahamp wrote:
The dandelion shot is exquisite and the water drops are very surrealistic. Very nice. Where were the water drop shots taken? Bird bath?

Appreciate it, thank you. The water drops are done inside with a set-up , for the background, the container to catch the drops, etc.

OBXGuide wrote:
Ooooo. Amazing water droplet shots, and the dandelion is wonderful. I'd love to do this sort of stuff, but I have too much fun chasing birds. Great work.

Understand about the fun chasing birds !!

davidearls wrote:
Leaves me speechless.

Thanks David.

Karl Witt wrote:
You amaze me with what you see and capture with your splash-tech shots! These are sweet

The birds for me are open for some assistance.
#1 seems to be lacking contrast, shadows are opened up too much IMO
#2 Color seems off to me in the brown buffs of the breast and cheek whites aren't white IMO
so here are a few momentary renditions if you don't mind ..............

Of course I don't mind ! I have reworked with the contrast, highlights, etc. Thanks for the eye and the suggestions.

---------------------------

Ted ellis wrote:
Birdie: I have looked at your series multiple times and now feel more comfortable critiquing it.

The last three are nothing less than stunning

I like your redos on the first two but they appear over sharpened on my monitor.

Ted

Thanks so much Ted. I , too, liked Karl's redo and have redone and reposted. I am having a bit of time with the sharpening now using the new lens. The shots don't require quite as much sharpening, and I just need to get a new procedure down. Thanks for pointing it out. On my redo's I tried to reduce the sharpening a bit.

Birdie

Mar 07, 2015 at 11:00 AM
gnbuzz
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · A couple of Little Birds, Plus Something to Brighten your Day- EDITED Again

Hi Roberta,

Great series! I think the dandelion seed should be a t-shirt!

Glenn

Mar 07, 2015 at 11:47 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.