New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · photoshop cs6 color issue

shutterwolf

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · photoshop cs6 color issue

Hey guys, been having this issue in photoshop cs6 where certain photos with certain colors look great in PS, but appear flat when I view them in anything else. Most photos look fine when exported, but certain shades of golden retriever dogs come out flat in the save file. Ive gone over all the settings and options I can think of, and nothing helps. And its not my monitor, because the file looks flat on 3 different screens plus my phone. And it looks fine on 3 different screens if its opened in photoshop.

Mar 03, 2015 at 03:15 AM
Andrew Pece Photography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · photoshop cs6 color issue

If you are working in a larger color space like Adobe or profoto then when you export in Srgb I presume?, the colorspace contracted. That makes sense given what you said but you don't give enough info for anybody to figure it out really. You need to go to color settings and see what your working space is. If it's the default srgb then what I said above would be wrong. If it's profoto or Adobe 98 it's prob correct. But you'd also need to know what colorspace you are exporting your files in.

Mar 03, 2015 at 03:41 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · photoshop cs6 color issue

This is not about saving as sRGB. It's about exporting a ProPhoto or Adobe RGB file and then viewing it an app (usually a browser) that is not color managed. That's all it is. Your non color managed apps, the actual RGB pixel values are being displayed by the screen with no filtering through either the working space or monitor profiles.

Remember that it takes far less in terms of saturation numbers for the larger color spaces. For instance a 255,0,0 Red in sRGB converts to 179,20,26 in ProPhoto. One is going to display as bright and saturated a red as possible and one is going to be a LOT flatter in a non color managed environment.

Use a color managed browser and/or app and everything will look like Ps.

Mar 03, 2015 at 05:02 AM
phototronix

[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · photoshop cs6 color issue

I have had a similar problem once with CS6.It is kind of a photoshop setting issue. View -> Proof Setup -> Monitor RGB did the trick for me.

Mar 04, 2015 at 04:02 AM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · photoshop cs6 color issue

phototronix - unfortunately that didn't really fix the issue for you, it only hid it.

Mar 04, 2015 at 11:26 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.