Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

techie2

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

I have a client who wants a job that when printed out will have the appearance of a 3-D print. It would be 3 separate layers of printing, each with different content, on transparent material with a very small separation between the 3 prints. Thus giving the effect of depth.

Think along the lines of a sign that is 2' x 3'..one layer with images, one with text, one with logos.

It will be an image on transparent material that would look exactly like a photograph that would be printed on white paper. Has to be high resolution as a photo would be.

He said it can be done (He's some kind of engineer) but he's relying on me to find out how, where etc.

Does anyone know anything about this process or of someone who can do the printing. I don't know anything more than I have just described to you?

If your lead or referral turns into me being able to make this happen, there will be a referral fee for you.

thanx

Mar 02, 2015 at 01:02 PM
_Rob_S_
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

I have never done this but a google search for "photo printing on glass" turned up this as a first hit:

https://www.fractureme.com/

Seems your could build your image in PS with the three layers you described then print each layer seperately to clear glass. Might have to save as .png to preserve the transparency.

Rob

Mar 02, 2015 at 02:40 PM
techie2

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

Thanx Rob...

I did the Google routine and came up with the prints on glass as well as other options. This may be a difficult one to solve.

I do have a lead though on acrylic printing with standoffs mounting. We'll see.

Mar 02, 2015 at 03:03 PM
jjnyc

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

Think what your looking for is call a Lenticular print

Mar 02, 2015 at 03:39 PM
roosteresque
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

This may be geographically beyond where you're willing to reach, but Dome Printing out of Sacramento CA was experimenting with printing one-offs and short run very large format on all kinds of substrates and I believe acrylic and glass was on that list so long as the thickness wasn't too big.

Mar 03, 2015 at 09:21 PM
techie2

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Printing on transparent materials, (plastic sheet, acetate etc)

....rooster...I'll check into them. thanx

Mar 04, 2015 at 03:41 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.