New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Heartland Flyer

bnoeggs
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Heartland Flyer

Shot this pic of the Heartland Flyer as it heads south out of Norman Oklahoma on a snowy day. This is shot moments before the train ducks under the Highway 9 overpass.

It was fun to catch and shoot as I spent the good part of a morning waiting as it was delayed leaving OKC. As a matter of fact, I had already given up and headed to back to the house. I checked the Amtrak site one last time and eureka, it was heading my way; so I grabbed my gear and headed back to the area to shoot it.

Now..climbing a bridge abutment 25 or so feet at a 45 degree incline is not easy for these 57 year old bones but lets toss some snow on top and make the footing really slippery! I had to be conscious of my footing even as I shot the pic. No, no tripod for me. Getting down was fun too... I am NOT sacrificing the camera and lens. I may kill myself but they'll all marvel how the camera and lens are dry and intact!
Anyways...here's the image. I could have posted the dolled up image a little shaper and with a bit more contrast but I wished to keep it more as it was without too much post processing. CC's are always welcome.

Heartland Flyer

Mar 01, 2015 at 07:00 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.