New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · What's in the box.

ebiggs
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What's in the box.

Calling all Nikon guys. I am new to Nikon or at least trying one out. I doubt I will switch but I am going to be both. Actually two a D2x and a D3. Both of these camera are in fantastic shape. The D2x has 3500 clicks and the D3 has 4800. Both look new!

Any way what exactly comes in the box? For instance there is a LCD monitor protector BM-3, I believe.
There is none with the D3? Was there not one included? There is a hot shoe protector with the D3 and none with the D2x.

So what else should there be?

Feb 28, 2015 at 05:20 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What's in the box.

The D3 would have a charger, (no) LCD protector, rubber hot shoe protector, D3 strap, EN-EL4 battery, manuals. I don't remember if Nikon NX ro NX2 software came with it or not.

The D2X would have the LCD cover but not a hot shoe protector.

Feb 28, 2015 at 05:36 PM
ebiggs
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What's in the box.

Thanx, it seems strange the camera, D3, has the slots and lip to mount a protector but I can't even find if they ever made one for it.
There are two CDs with it but I d/l from the Nikon website as there have probably been updates since this camera came out.
It is very interesting to see how the two companies went about designing these machines.

Edited on Mar 01, 2015 at 08:59 AM · View previous versions

Feb 28, 2015 at 06:03 PM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What's in the box.

Honestly, you're worrying about $10 worth of items that can easily be had from B&H.

Feb 28, 2015 at 06:14 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What's in the box.

the back screen on the D3 is not polymer. it is a hardened glass that is only used on the D series bodies

there was a 3rd party maker that fit the slots. i had 2 of them but long gone now.

Feb 28, 2015 at 06:27 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What's in the box.

I use these on my D3's. They're great.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/571419-REG/Giottos_SP8304_SP8304_AEGIS_Professional_Glass.html

Feb 28, 2015 at 06:38 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What's in the box.

i just remembered it was Hoodman who did them.

Feb 28, 2015 at 09:17 PM
ebiggs
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What's in the box.

Steve Perry wrote:
Honestly, you're worrying about $10 worth of items that can easily be had from B&H.

No, I am worrying about what was in the box from Nikon. I thought I said that? The LCD protector just seemed to a part that was missing.

Mar 01, 2015 at 09:00 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What's in the box.

it was not included in mine brand new.

Mar 01, 2015 at 09:14 AM
Ryukyu
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What's in the box.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product-Archive/dslr-cameras/D2X.html

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Product-Archive/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25434/D3.html

Mar 01, 2015 at 08:34 PM
doonie15
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What's in the box.

Just get one of these and stick it to the LCD of your D3. i bought my D3 second hand so not sure if anything like this was included in the box when new but I doubt it. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/571419-REG/Giottos_SP8304_SP8304_AEGIS_Professional_Glass.html

Mar 07, 2015 at 08:54 AM
ebiggs
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What's in the box.

It was, although it seems to be the topic of the thread, not just asking about the LCD protector. I had no idea what else was or should have been included. This is my first delve into Nikon.
One of those, you don't know, what you don't know kinda thing. I just wanted a little help from friendly Nikon people.

Mar 07, 2015 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.