Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Two Whistlers

sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two Whistlers

BTW, Feel free to Critique.
And, since this is a X-Post from Critique, feel free to look at the feedback and evolution of this image (so far) with my help from my friends on Critique.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1350602

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2015

Feb 28, 2015 at 05:08 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two Whistlers

It looks pretty good to me Scott. The bg noise is the only thing that bothers me ~ Ron

Feb 28, 2015 at 07:30 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two Whistlers

Scott, the pose and composition are wonderful and it is an interesting shot to boot. I would have loved to have both in crisp focus and the rear bird, being slightly further away from you isn't...That is only important to me as there seems to be a relationship between the two birds and the softer back one being a bit oof (ie: not enough dof) detracts from that. If the birds weren't quite as parallel then it wouldn't be as much an issue because then it would appear as the rear bird was approaching the near one....am I clear, I doubt it?
Eric

Feb 28, 2015 at 07:38 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two Whistlers

surfnron wrote:
It looks pretty good to me Scott. The bg noise is the only thing that bothers me ~ Ron

Thanks Ron.
Never really mastered the noise on the 7D.
Scott

Feb 28, 2015 at 07:47 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two Whistlers

eyelaser wrote:
Scott, the pose and composition are wonderful and it is an interesting shot to boot. I would have loved to have both in crisp focus and the rear bird, being slightly further away from you isn't...That is only important to me as there seems to be a relationship between the two birds and the softer back one being a bit oof (ie: not enough dof) detracts from that. If the birds weren't quite as parallel then it wouldn't be as much an issue because then it would appear as the rear bird was approaching the near one....am I clear, I
...Show more

Thanks for taking the time to comment in detail, Eric. Clear enough for me. Would have been better shot a bit more stopped down.
One of those times where I hope the comp/pose trumps the technical short-comings, which are real.

Scott

Feb 28, 2015 at 07:49 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two Whistlers

sbeme wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to comment in detail, Eric. Clear enough for me. Would have been better shot a bit more stopped down.
One of those times where I hope the comp/pose trumps the technical short-comings, which are real.

Scott
I think it does Scott but we are in brutal times now
Eric

Feb 28, 2015 at 07:57 PM
Plinian
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two Whistlers

Great, Scott! I enjoyed the post, the critique here, and the critique there! (What a pleasant surprise that Ben Egbert likes ducks!)

For me, the interaction and the attractiveness of this species overshadows the mild technical shortcomings; I think it's a great photo. If it were mine, I would have added some room to the left but left everything else intact, and I would have tried to figure out how to get back out there! (BBWD are da bomb).

Greg

Feb 28, 2015 at 08:18 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Two Whistlers

I love the ducks pose yet the upper background is distracting. You might try darkening it.

Morris

Feb 28, 2015 at 09:04 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.