Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Newbie First post -- C&C

Well done on the cloning Mike ~ Ron

Mar 01, 2015 at 08:59 AM
brian_sp
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Newbie First post -- C&C

very nice set, first 2 are my picks, excellent job on the cloning making a big improvement to the pic

Mar 01, 2015 at 05:42 PM
CHWino
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Newbie First post -- C&C

thanks... this old dog can apparently clone as well ;-) Who would athunkit

Mar 01, 2015 at 05:44 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Newbie First post -- C&C

Hello Mike and welcome

It is apparent that you have some skills in post processing, nice job on the cloning of the upper branch

All that I see have very good focus and pleasing compositions. Those clean background shots don't come easy but as you train your eye to look for these distractions and perhaps change your angle or point of view you will find ways to minimize them.

Overall it seems you are leaning a bit heavy on the Saturation. Sometimes it is nice to perk the subject (bird) a bit but if done overall then the colors become a bit unrealistic IMO. You might try using Vibrance instead of Saturation, it will give the subtle colors a pleasing boost and tend not to oversaturate the other more dominant colors.

By the way, that Bluebird is a wonderful image The heavy upper yellow in the corner is a bit distracting for me, clone that out and see what you get maybe??

Have fun and glad to hear of your desire to learn and improve.........
Karl

Mar 01, 2015 at 11:17 PM
CHWino
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Newbie First post -- C&C

would it be safe to say that most of you shoot RAW? I don't have any saturation added to these images, but I have the camera setting at JPEG Vivid, which does a little perking up in the compression. I'm considering shifting to RAW, but wasn't sure it would be worth it for my own stuff. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl next time and see if I like that better. Buffer on the D7100 is crap, so maybe i first need to get close and use my D4.
Thanks for adding that point...
Mike

Mar 02, 2015 at 06:30 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Newbie First post -- C&C

Welcome aboard
Little to add to the generous and thoughtful critique and suggestions above!
Second for me bec of BG
First with the nicely cloned out branch

Scott

Mar 02, 2015 at 07:07 AM
Michael Rucci
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Newbie First post -- C&C

Welcome Mike you have lots going for you here 1st off your name The detail is very good on all your images ,you are a quick learner also the redo with the branch removed is so much better and i am sure you see that also.Practice makes perfect and since no one here is perfect we all get out and do as much as we can to attain that .Everyone on this forum will give good advice it is up to us to apply it I look forward to seeing more from you

Mar 02, 2015 at 07:43 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.