New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Julie's portrait shoot (kinda sorta) C&C needed

PikkerTaker
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Julie's portrait shoot (kinda sorta) C&C needed

Had the pleasure of shooting Julie again. Posted this originally in the people photography forum but by the lack of response I received there, I thought maybe it's more appropriate for me to post it here. I'm embarrassed by my work when I compare it with the work I see people post there...

C&C will be highly appreciated.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7287/16621609536_144e37e9f7_b.jpg

Feb 28, 2015 at 02:07 AM
Almass
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Julie's portrait shoot (kinda sorta) C&C needed

It all depends where you want to go with your image.

- Color: Your color toning is lacking yellow with too high cyan

- Comp: Your comp is cutting off one hand and the other hand is hidden under the hair. The gentle sweep of the hips towards the legs is missing. The empty space next to her head is superfluous. The whitish sheet bottom right of image attract the eye for no reason.

A crop of 1x1 would solve the comp issue.

- Light: You are too hot on her left side to the extent that you have lost definition between her nose and cheek on her left.

Feb 28, 2015 at 02:38 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Julie's portrait shoot (kinda sorta) C&C needed

Nice potential but I do agree with Almass. I am also disliking the background. The curtain and the streak (behind her head) are distracting. Jim

Feb 28, 2015 at 03:44 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Julie's portrait shoot (kinda sorta) C&C needed

This is why I don't comment on people pics, I liked it until I read the comments. I guess I still do, but with reservation now.

Feb 28, 2015 at 09:56 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Julie's portrait shoot (kinda sorta) C&C needed

+1 @ Almass color.

Made some tweaks (S&P to taste) on the color balance (note the color of bedspread diff @ assumed, i.e. guess, white) @ 80/20 rule, i.e. could use more refinement. Recommend using a color checker or other reference for color balance to really get good control over color.

Applied only about 50% CC opacity to the BG to "drag" them behind. Not sure what is going on with the curtain sash @ actual vs. PP, but I'd look to tend to it as well.

Feb 28, 2015 at 02:18 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.