FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

rprouty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

Imagemaster wrote:
Yes, it is called the Photo Critique Forum.

Some people just don't want to post on the most appropriate forum for some reason.

I love you Tony

Feb 27, 2015 at 09:56 PM
marklankton
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

Just standing back and looking at the overall first impressions, here is my two bits, worth exactly what you are paying for it. First, they are all shots that most of us would be very happy to have. Second, when I scroll through them I think this: first one pretty nice, second one pretty nice but I think I liked the pose in the first better, then the third one just Pops because the background is not distracting (to me). Bottom line is that one can argue that the overall scene is more important than the fine details, IF the fine details are already in very good shape. Your mileage may vary!
Mark

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:15 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

Good job Rod! The bgs on the cardinals are super. The woodpeckers are my picks, with #2 being my fave. Well done all round.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:28 PM
davidearls
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

Overall a nice set, but the branches in several shots take focus away from the bird and drain it, unresolved, into the frame edge. JMO, and have never shot with the 500. Framing-wise, all the birds are dead center. Are these full frame or cropped?

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:53 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

Fine shots Rod. All plenty sharp enough. For me 72 is better than 71 because of the background and 73 is my favourite.
David

Feb 28, 2015 at 03:11 AM
dhphoto
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

I am no expert in this field but they look like excellent shots to me.

You asked for criticism so here goes: I think you could have cropped them better, they are basically just birds in a box, which is not the way they were in the frame. You can do a lot with a precisely executed crop.

Otherwise lovely!

Feb 28, 2015 at 03:53 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

beauties Rod.. my favorite is the one Ted redid of 73

Feb 28, 2015 at 05:11 AM
cmxchuck
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

Super Rod. I have no real critiques, since I am relatively new to photography and they all look dam good to me. Chuck

Feb 28, 2015 at 08:44 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

These are all great Rob... But seriously, they are all very nice. 73 is my pick, and Ted's redo is a tad better, but I'm not sure I would have bothered taking the time to clone that stuff out. 75 also stands out ~ Ron

Feb 28, 2015 at 09:32 AM
Plinian
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 500 version 1-Critiques Welcome

A fun series, Rod; sharpness and exposure seem right on, and it looks like you've got the 7d2 dialed in.

I just made a comment on BeeBalm's thread...in that vein, it looks as though you have great access and opportunity to these subjects, so you might have more opportunities to get, "the perfect pose with the perfect head turn with the perfect background".

TFS. ~Greg

Feb 28, 2015 at 01:36 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.