FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D750 - Saving User Settings ?s

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D750 - Saving User Settings ?s

Anyone here master the Save User Settings option vs Save Custom Settings? Page 99-102 of the manual instructs setting the mode dial to one of two options, U1 or U2 then going to the Setup menu->Save User Settings->Save to U1 or Save to U2. Ok, I did that. I believe that doing this is supposed to save those settings to a folder on the card in slot one. Then on page 387 at the bottom it says that the Load Settings options is only available if the card contains settings. I'm not getting a Load User Settings I'm only seeing Reset User Settings in the Setup menu. Plus, when I take my SD card out of slot one and view it on my computer there is no custom folder with the settings inside.

I want to save all my settings so that in the future if I have to send my camera off to NPS and they reset everything I can load all my settings back into my camera once my camera returns.

Feb 27, 2015 at 04:18 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D750 - Saving User Settings ?s

Save user settings is for the custom U1 and U2 modes on the dial. Not the custom function settings etc.

You want save custom functions for saving to a card the way the camera is setup

Feb 27, 2015 at 07:32 PM
thoang77
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D750 - Saving User Settings ?s

Not sure about the D750, but on the D600 it goes as follows:

Save User Settings:
You set a variety of settings how you want it which can include being in P, A, S, or M mode, then you can save that to U1 or U2, flip back to those and it'll be as you set it. Seems like you did that fine.

Save/Load Settings:
Saves a file onto the first SD card that stores all of your settings at the time, including the U1 and U2 settings. You can then store this on a computer or something and have a file set up for weddings, sports, landscape, etc. As opposed to having U1 being a sports set up, U2 being a landscape, you can just load up your Sports settings file that custom settings for U1, U2, and the PASM modes ready for sports as well.

So in short, it seems like you want to scroll down to Save/Load Settings, assuming the D750 menus are the same as the D600

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:48 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D750 - Saving User Settings ?s

Thanks guys! That helped a lot!

Feb 28, 2015 at 04:10 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.