New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Adobe LR5 Upgrade?

TightLines
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Adobe LR5 Upgrade?

Relatively new to posting here so I hope this is in the right sub-forum.

I'm looking for a little feedback on purchasing LR5.

I'd like to purchase Lightroom but understand that LR6 will likely be out this year.

In trying to keep as many pennies in my pocket as possible I see that new copies of LR5 sell here and on eBay for $60-$75. Is there any reason I shouldn't do the following:

1) buy LR5 now at $75
2) evaluate and potentially buy the LR6 upgrade at some point for let's assume $80 (bringing my total to $155)

instead of buying LR5 from the likes of Amazon, etc. for $145 now.

I get the advantage of using the software until the new version is released at which time I can evaluate whether I want to upgrade all while not having done myself a financial disservice.

Perhaps my real question is, is there ANY reason not to buy LR5 on eBay and save the $70?

Thanks for any help.

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Adobe LR5 Upgrade?

Hold back .

the word is the possible relase date could be as early as next week (1st week march) . previously Adobe have had a beta out for users to try before the release of the new software but seem to not be doing that this time .

you could load the trial (30day) of LR5 and migrate to LR6 when its relaese (assuming its within 30 days)

or you can go down the CC route and get LR and Photoshop for 10bucks a month (thers also a 30 day trial of this)

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:33 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Adobe LR5 Upgrade?

Buying software on ebay is always going to be a risk . yes there are genuine ones out there but there's also a heck load of fakes . for the difference id stick to known good suppliers or just buy direct from Adobe

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:35 PM
James R
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Adobe LR5 Upgrade?

As Ian said,, trial and purchase LR6 is the way to go. I'm a PS user, so the monthly is works for me.

Feb 27, 2015 at 05:52 PM
TightLines
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Adobe LR5 Upgrade?

Thanks all for the help. I'll pick up a trial of 5 and hope that 6 comes out as rumored

Feb 28, 2015 at 03:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.