Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

Wayne Ek
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

Has anyone used e-bay to sell photos and then used one of the named photo printing company's ( mpix, adormapix, bay photo) to drop-ship to the buyer.

Feb 27, 2015 at 08:47 AM
Wayne Ek
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

Ok, this question has been sitting out there for over 2-months, with no replies. So I have an answer.
I just sold a photo on e-bay. And the company I use adormapix does not drop-ship. But I sold a photo.

Apr 22, 2015 at 07:15 PM
Archimedes

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

Congrats! Etsy also might work for this. Its focus on independent, handmade items seems appropriate for small-time photographers.

Apr 22, 2015 at 08:24 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

Wayne Ek wrote:
Ok, this question has been sitting out there for over 2-months, with no replies. So I have an answer.
I just sold a photo on e-bay. And the company I use adormapix does not drop-ship. But I sold a photo.

Well there you go. You sold 1 photo in 2 months, which is terrible. I hope you weren't using that as justification?

I'm being harsh but I'm just saying it how it is.

Ebay is somewhere for someone to click 'buy it now' & pay. You're not selling on there. You need to invest in sales & marketing.

Purely from who uses ebay, you have surely chosen the worst people to offer prints to. Whoever they are. I'm sure it required the least amount of effort though.

Good luck!

Apr 23, 2015 at 05:36 AM
Wayne Ek
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

Your right most folks will not make a living selling photos on e-bay. But it's still fun.

Apr 23, 2015 at 07:32 AM
fstopperdown
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

I saw a You Tube Video of one photographer using alternative processes ( salt or platinum I think...)

After the how to demonstration, he then offered the prints for sale...

I don't think your idea is horrible, just the execution (ie driving traffic to your ebay store)

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:52 PM
markd61
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Has anyone sold photos from an e-bay account.

There are a lot of places on the net to sell photos where people are actually looking to buy art images. Those places also offer fulfillment service and a lot of products.
Ebay is not the place to do any of that easily.

Apr 25, 2015 at 07:34 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.