FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

louie champan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Probably going out on a limb trying to identify this sandpiper, but it sure looks like a semipalmated one to me.

Feb 26, 2015 at 02:00 PM
shekarn64
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Lovely shots - especially, the lighting on the first two!

Feb 26, 2015 at 02:31 PM
louie champan
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

shekarn64 wrote:
Lovely shots - especially, the lighting on the first two!

Thanks for taking a look and commenting.

Feb 26, 2015 at 02:55 PM
canon.eos30d
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Lovely shots of little birds, Louie. I like the catchlight in the first shots but the last pose is very cute.

- Tam

Feb 26, 2015 at 04:26 PM
Plinian
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Very nice, Louie! I would have guessed Western for 1 and 2; Least for 3, and the rare One-legged Sleepy Sandpiper for #4. In the Ted Ellis spirt of the new and improved forum...#2 is my favorite, perhaps because it is the most conventional. Looks like the bird isn't running away from you, and there's enough action (if one can use that word with peeps) to draw the viewer's attention. I don't get the sense, however, that your knees, elbows, and lens hood are wet and muddy like I do with #4. Also, if it were mine, I would take 10-20% off the top.

TFS. ~Greg

Feb 26, 2015 at 04:44 PM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Not sure of the ID's but #2 and 3 are engaging for me.

Feb 26, 2015 at 06:02 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Great light in the first two Louie. 3 is a little tight and 4 is my pick - I have always loves that pose ~ Ron

Feb 26, 2015 at 06:21 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Very nice set. The last is my favorite as I love the lower perspective and the pose. Agree with Greg about taking a bit off the top.

Birdie

Feb 26, 2015 at 06:21 PM
louie champan
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

canon.eos30d wrote:
Lovely shots of little birds, Louie. I like the catchlight in the first shots but the last pose is very cute.

- Tam

Thanks a lot Tam.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM
louie champan
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Plinian wrote:
Very nice, Louie! I would have guessed Western for 1 and 2; Least for 3, and the rare One-legged Sleepy Sandpiper for #4. In the Ted Ellis spirt of the new and improved forum...#2 is my favorite, perhaps because it is the most conventional. Looks like the bird isn't running away from you, and there's enough action (if one can use that word with peeps) to draw the viewer's attention. I don't get the sense, however, that your knees, elbows, and lens hood are wet and muddy like I do with #4. Also, if it were mine, I would take
...Show more

Greg, thank you for all of your comments, I truly appreciate and enjoy finding out what others think of my images. I fact, I didn't get wet or muddy on any of those shots, all shot out the window of my truck. They were very skittish this day and wouldn't let me approach them on foot at all.
Again, many thanks.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:13 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

I too won't even hazard a guess as to the species...I even once looked up semipalmated as I had no idea what it meant....the second one is my pick for best in show for pose, depth of the image and eye contact...the last is also very interesting and I love the non eye contact of that coy little sandpiper and its twin right behind.
Eric

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:17 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sandpiper....Semipalmated

Nice set Louie. I quite like #2. Lovely light and a good pose. An option for the last one is to take some spare bg away from the right and make it more vertical. No need to take any from the top then. On my screen, that image shows a lot of mottling from...? Sharpening perhaps? Ted made me say it.

Feb 27, 2015 at 08:49 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.