Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

ogerisg321
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

Shot this wedding in Lake Mary, FL this past weekend.
I will share some more pictures later, but I wanted some feedback on this one particular picture for now. First time doing the off camera flash thing and I just wanted some input.

Feb 26, 2015 at 02:00 AM
heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

Nice ballance of flash but personally I would have made the background a bit darker. Could be improved on composition. Hair and background are floating into each other (Change your hight or use rim light). Stiff pose for my taste.

heiko

Feb 26, 2015 at 02:17 AM
leethecam
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

Hair and dark line of trees is always going to be a slight issue with this location and time of day. Even dropping the camera would place the heads "popping" up a little over the tops of the trees, and dropping the camera more would have compromised the framing to ensure we didn't have the trees sprouting from the couple's necks.

For me, the composition is just fine, and we do have some separation in tones. If the OP wants to fine tune it, then perhaps a little localised dodging on either the back of the bride's hair to increase the slight rim light, or possibly dodging the line of trees to give better tonal separation would maybe add a little.

Might be worth puling down the recovery slider to get a hint more detail in the jacket and dress - again, do it locally as the rest of the image is just fine.

Feb 26, 2015 at 02:43 AM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

heikoM wrote:
Nice ballance of flash but personally I would have made the background a bit darker.

heiko

I think I would have gone for a lighter background

Mar 01, 2015 at 05:47 PM
ogerisg321
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

Thank you guys. Like I said this was my first time doing the off camera flash picture and just want to improve on it because I light how this picture turned out.

heikoM wrote:
Nice ballance of flash but personally I would have made the background a bit darker. Could be improved on composition. Hair and background are floating into each other (Change your hight or use rim light). Stiff pose for my taste.

heiko

I was thinking the same thing about the hair, but then what @leethecam said was the reason I settled for how it was composed. I was thinking about the possibility of rim light, but being that is was my first time doing this type of shot I went the safe route.

---------------------------------------------

leethecam wrote:
Hair and dark line of trees is always going to be a slight issue with this location and time of day. Even dropping the camera would place the heads "popping" up a little over the tops of the trees, and dropping the camera more would have compromised the framing to ensure we didn't have the trees sprouting from the couple's necks.

For me, the composition is just fine, and we do have some separation in tones. If the OP wants to fine tune it, then perhaps a little localised dodging on either the back of the bride's hair to increase the
...Show more

Thanks, I've edited it a little more.

---------------------------------------------

CW100 wrote:
I think I would have gone for a lighter background

I like how the background turned out, but I'll lighten it in lightroom to see how it turns out.

Mar 01, 2015 at 09:07 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

Simply put, a better separation by adjustment of composition would fix your issue. I'm fine with the exposures. I agree the background could have been pulled down a bit more, but I think it would be overlooked if her head breached the horizon.

Mar 01, 2015 at 09:28 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

The background does seem a bit distracting to me personally. Change of composition and exposure could have helped here in my opinion. But I can also see that some people might like the current emphasis on the background. I think though that if the goal is for the background to be so prominent, might as well take it further and bring out more color and drama in the sunset.

Mar 02, 2015 at 03:48 AM
danielutzu
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · One from Sunday (C&C Please)

To me, dark skin needs a lot of magenta. An adjustment brush would fix it. And personally, I like the bright backgnd. Though keep in mind what was said about composition and hair above. A second rim light would have given you the separation from the backgnd that I would have loved to see.

Mar 02, 2015 at 03:54 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.