New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Film use question

anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Film use question

I posted this on the 'alt gear forum...but this might be a more appropriate place...

I'm involved in a bit of a debate on an UK forum after posting this link:

http://www.theonlinedarkroom.com/2015/01/2015-year-film-fought-back.html

As there are far more photographers on here I thought I'd do a quick straw poll and elicit opinions as to what is happening with film at the moment.

B+W film sales have increased year on year for a few years now; and quality s/h film gear is no longer 'cheap'...so something is happening!

Feb 24, 2015 at 04:18 PM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Film use question

Agree with you that 'something' is happening; I'm just not sure what 'it' is. While there are a lot of folks here, I'm guessing that a lot of them, who probably shot film for a long time, have switched to digital for any number of reasons and don't seem to be interested in 'going back' to any significant degree.

Just FYI, if you haven't already posted this in the alternative forum here at FM, you might consider it. There seem to be more 'film' folks there than here; this forum attracts more digital b&w shooters, in my experience.

Kenny

Feb 24, 2015 at 04:38 PM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Film use question

Go to www.apug.org and see where all the film excitement is. 1000 times more film use than here at FM, which is primarily digital.

Feb 24, 2015 at 05:46 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.