New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Need some advice 50D vs EOS M

Sjjindra
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Need some advice 50D vs EOS M

Don't be surprised if that touch screen doesn't grow on you, especially the ability to touch the screen one time to set the focus point, focus, and shoot while in live view. It's especially good on a tripod, as it usually takes just long enough to let the vibration settle out before triggering the shutter.

You say you don't care for video, but I set my SL1 up on a tripod for a recent wedding and focused on the bride (one touch) and it tracked her face, unattended, throughout the ceremony until the couple left the field of view walking up the isle. I was impressed.

There's a lot to like.

Steve

Feb 25, 2015 at 05:49 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Need some advice 50D vs EOS M

FWIW, I thought my 40D was better than my 7D for image quality, tho it didn't have all the fancy smancy "action" stuff. I also really like my SL1 with the (non-kit) STM lenses and the 15-85 and 60 macro. Your 40D will take the STMs too. Consider the 10-18, 24, and 55-250 depending on taste.

Feb 25, 2015 at 08:50 PM
Aaron D
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Need some advice 50D vs EOS M

Now that sounds pretty cool Steve. And I certainly dont have full manual control on my HF11. Gotta trick the cam so i can adjust shutter AND aperture together.

Jeff Nolten wrote:
FWIW, I thought my 40D was better than my 7D for image quality, tho it didn't have all the fancy smancy "action" stuff. I also really like my SL1 with the (non-kit) STM lenses and the 15-85 and 60 macro. Your 40D will take the STMs too. Consider the 10-18, 24, and 55-250 depending on taste.

Thanks Jeff...Im actually upgrading from an XS. I bought an SL1 and 60D yesterday so i can see which "feels" best.

Also currently have the 55-250IS, as well as an L and a bunch of good oddballs. Check sig for list.

Feb 26, 2015 at 06:31 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.