New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Seller Beware - PayPal shipping Insurance

Jim Servies
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Seller Beware - PayPal shipping Insurance

Love me some Click-to-Ship especially my Postman picking up my packages and saving me a trip to our always-crowded local post office. Yes, Winter has made me lazy.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Weasel_Loader
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Seller Beware - PayPal shipping Insurance

If you want a PITA, try selling an iPhone, iPod, Macbook, or video game system on eBay. You'll get tons of non paying bidders with every excuse in the book why they cannot pay. Did it a few years ago when my son wanted me to sell some of his stuff. Never do that again.

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:55 PM
ahamp
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Seller Beware - PayPal shipping Insurance

One of the reasons I never use bay's shipping calculator. The other is that I have often had to pay the difference of their underestimated costs. I always check off a flat rate charge after doing my own estimations.

Feb 26, 2015 at 05:46 AM
unclechuck
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Seller Beware - PayPal shipping Insurance

Steve Park wrote:
Rene - Looks like you have never used this service or USPS Click-N-Ship account.
It's much easier than writing your own label. Also you get small discount off postage(3% or so), free tracking number. No need to wait in line at PO, just drop it off at PO, or give it to your mail carrier, unless you want a receipt. Never had problem there.

Best of all, with this service, I'll get accurate shipping address, won't make any error.

+1 to all the comments about Click and Ship and the Post Office doing a better job

I don't sell but I do wind up shipping --- A couple notes

USPS will deliver stock Priority Mail Boxes free (10-25 + in bundles) --- but be sure to get REGULAR and Flat Rate boxes --- they don't interchange --- Both box types in various sizes are listed on the USPS site --- they are delivered to your door/

USPS also has Priority Mail Tape and stick on labels for generic boxes (ie grocery store, etc)

Most Importantly; be sure to compare shipping by size weight vs "Flat Rate" --- the price of convenience can be huge --- to do that click through the various pull down menu options.

Charles

Mar 02, 2015 at 12:14 AM
teddoman
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Seller Beware - PayPal shipping Insurance

I recently noticed this Paypal statement-- "Note: Signature Confirmation is required to qualify for the Seller Protection Policy on shipments valued at more than $750.00 USD"

Does that imply that only delivery confirmation is required on shipments less than $750 to be covered (making USPS insurance unnecessary)?

You can find this statement when you try to buy a shipping label through paypal on the "U.S. Postal Service - Create Your Shipping Label" page.

Mar 10, 2015 at 06:49 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.