FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

aero_ub
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

The Ban Gioc Waterfall is a waterfall in the remote north east mountainous region of Vietnam right on the border with China. The waterfall is on the Quay Son River that forms the border between the two countries. Of course we were there during the dry season so the flow is not nearly as impressive as during the rainy season but it was still a unique and pretty waterfall to be standing in front of!

Even though I try at some landscape shots while traveling Vietnam every time, my real passion is interacting with the locals in these very remote areas and taking 'people' shots. If you're interested in seeing a sampling of the ethnic minorities that live in these areas, I've also just posted a handful of my shots in the People forum. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1349570

I dare say I'm slightly more proud of those pictures but I still wanted to share this one

Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:55 PM
another_mikey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

Like it! Love the colors, and the slower shutter speed (which I think is often overdone, but works for me on this shot.) The light sky without much detail is a bit distracting - I might try cropping it a little more at the very top and see what you think...

Nice image, thanks for sharing!

ML

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:15 PM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

This is very nice! Your images on the people forum are really great, but you should do more landscape work so that we can enjoy those images here! Thanks for sharing (on both forums).
Keith W.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

Such serene falls! Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Feb 24, 2015 at 03:26 AM
chakoo
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

Nice scene. This falls has lot of potential for great shots. I think pano of just the falls without sky is better in my view.

By the way, your people portraits in the other thread are amazing.

Feb 24, 2015 at 07:40 AM
aero_ub
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

Thanks for the input guys! Can't say I disagree with any of it. I have some more shots from here I'll try to mess with. Maybe a composite with the sky to show more detail or just crop it out all together.

This was shot using an ND filter to slow the shutter down enough to smooth out the flow in the river.

Feb 24, 2015 at 04:42 PM
fingerda
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ban Gioc Waterfall - Vietnam

Love the waterfall and really glad I followed the link to the people pics!

DaveF

Feb 24, 2015 at 05:06 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.