Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · No talk on EOS 750/760D?

RedRinger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · No talk on EOS 750/760D?

I accientally stumbled upon these new cameras on the Canon AU site. Surprisingly hadn't seen them mentioned here on the FMF.

760D looks interesting at this price point. Should make 70D's replacement interesting to guess. :-)

http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eos760d/overview

Feb 23, 2015 at 04:25 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · No talk on EOS 750/760D?

There's a couple threads a few weeks back but folks here were busy crying in their collective beers about the 5Ds not having enough twin revive power to tickle their pickle. I wouldn't mind one of the new T6s/760D in my bag but the ultimate would be that new sensor in a SL1/100D size body. Ah dunno, but that T6s may be the new 70D replacement since if has most of its features, e.g., QCD, top LCD, Wi-Fi, Movie Servo, 19-pt AF, etc. Canon might be saving the dual-pixel CMOS for the 7D2 and new models up the pipeline.

Feb 23, 2015 at 04:34 AM
RedRinger

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · No talk on EOS 750/760D?

Interesting theory there, Gochugogi... Reminds me of the kind of confusion Canon caused when people waiting for the new 50D and then there were 7D and 60D.

With 760D features becoming so close to a XXD body's territory, wonder where a new XXD will be positioned, given 70D came so close to 7D.

Feb 23, 2015 at 06:13 AM
johnctharp
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · No talk on EOS 750/760D?

The new Rebel is nowhere close to an xxD body; ergonomics are lacking, the rear 'dial' is downright dinky, and it's lacking an AF-ON button for BBF.

What's most interesting to me is that the T6s allows for a twin-dial control setup, which is good for learning photography, and more importantly the new sensor.

I want to see more on that new sensor ASAP.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · No talk on EOS 750/760D?

johnctharp wrote:
"The new Rebel is nowhere close to an xxD body; ergonomics are lacking, the rear 'dial' is downright dinky..."

I don't know about ergonomics since I haven't held one yet but it can't be too far off from the 70D. My 70D is a little more comfy but basically feels a hop 'n skip from a T5i. The 70D/6D has a really dinky QCD compared to a 7D or 5D series. I suppose that dial could get even more wee. The one on my E-P5 felt like a button.

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.