New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

whoadude1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

Has anyone had this issue happen with their d750? I've now shot two weddings with it and it's happened multiple times at both weddings.

It can be fixed by simply taking out the battery and reinserting but at weddings this means missed moments and that is not good.

Here's a video someone else made of the issue.

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Feb 22, 2015 at 07:33 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

This happened before with my D600 and D800, it's not a D750 issue per se. I think it's some type of a lag when the camera's sending data into the SD card.

Feb 22, 2015 at 07:44 PM
form
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

I think it's more common pre firmware update. That said, I'm not sure it's happened to me on the D750. It happened on the D800 sometimes.

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:15 AM
whoadude1

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

I'm starting to think casual users might not see this issue, as they aren't firing off shots fast enough to make the camera freeze. hmm

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:38 PM
scottish
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

I've never seen a complete freeze like the one in the video. My D750 responds normally when I press the Menu button (the menu displays immediately), but often displays the hourglass for several seconds when I hit WB or ISO buttons. Subsequent presses of these buttons display their menus promptly, almost as if these screens are cached as on a web browser.

The delay is less with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s card installed than with a 45MB/s card, but there's still a delay. It's annoying enough that I sometimes try to adjust ISO using the viewfinder display, as it will respond to turning the command wheel before the menu finally displays. I'm not a rapid-fire shooter and mostly take portraits.

Feb 23, 2015 at 05:44 PM
james.d53
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

scottish wrote:
I've never seen a complete freeze like the one in the video. My D750 responds normally when I press the Menu button (the menu displays immediately), but often displays the hourglass for several seconds when I hit WB or ISO buttons. Subsequent presses of these buttons display their menus promptly, almost as if these screens are cached as on a web browser.

The delay is less with a Sandisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s card installed than with a 45MB/s card, but there's still a delay. It's annoying enough that I sometimes try to adjust ISO using the viewfinder display, as it will
...Show more

Sounds like you are filling up your buffer! Just guessing! These large files require a fast card.

Feb 23, 2015 at 06:43 PM
scottish
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

That's a great guess, but to clarify, the delays occur even when I'm not shooting. The camera can be on and idle as I work out a shot, but when I press the ISO button I may see the delay. It doesn't happen every time, and I haven't figured out what triggers it. I am taking your advice to pick up another Extreme Pro card, though.

Feb 23, 2015 at 06:53 PM
ChinhPhanFoto

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

This happened to me quite a lot on my first d750, so I just returned it for another one and it hasn't happened since.

Feb 24, 2015 at 01:50 PM
scottish
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

Very interesting. I'm well past the return period, so unfortunately it's not an option for me, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Thanks.

Feb 24, 2015 at 09:42 PM
whoadude1

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

So I just returned from wppi and asked both NPS and the nikon booth about this issue and no one has heard of it. ugh they suggested to exchange the body...

Mar 04, 2015 at 04:25 PM
Dave73

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · d750 hourglass freezing issue

Hi Dude,

That was my video uploaded. It was happening randomly, under light use, when shooting and also playback. Seems more often when left for 10-30 seconds. I'd grab it to shoot and it was frozen. Buffering or the SD card wasn't the issue. It also happened when replaying images, so scrolling through shots, leave it for a bit and it was frozen up again.

Nikon finally replaced the body for me after returning again, no reason was given.
My new one has worked perfectly. So it should.

Good luck with it.
Cheers Dave

Apr 08, 2015 at 06:39 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.