Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

paulkris
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

I've just bought a half dozen assorted Alpa lenses. Included are both the 50mm f1.8 and f1.9 Macro Switars.
I wonder if anyone has used these lenses on either the Fuji X or Sony FF cameras. The adapter is about $120 and I'm not sure I want to spend that much just to see how they work. Any comments would be appreciated.

Feb 22, 2015 at 02:53 PM
millsart
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

If I was going to go for one, I'd go for the Sony A series adapter over the Fuji

Feb 22, 2015 at 03:46 PM
paulkris
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

I have both cameras and the adapters are about the same price. I would probably do just as you suggested due to the FF on the Sony.

Feb 22, 2015 at 04:25 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

I don't have any Alpa lenses so I've not needed to buy an adapter, but ebay has the adapters a good bit cheaper (Fotodiox). I agree with the comments above, I'd go FF over APSc. If you already have both systems then I'd go for the one I use the most.

Mike

Feb 22, 2015 at 04:37 PM
paulkris
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

Thanks for that. I had missed the $36 Chinese adapter. That's more reasonable considering that I will probably sell the lenses after I've played around with them.

Feb 22, 2015 at 04:47 PM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

Alpa lens are considered to be very very good.. Usually also very expensive.

Feb 22, 2015 at 05:06 PM
austinschutz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

I've seen examples from the Macro Switars on the A7 and they look great.

Feb 22, 2015 at 07:15 PM
artur5
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Alpa Lenses on Fuji or Sony?

I owned for some years a Macro Switar 50/1.9. First I used it on a Leica M8 and after on Sony E mount cameras ( latest was an A7r). Very special lens indeed, So different in build, ergonomics and rendering to the vast majority of modern glass..
It has also a very peculiar bokeh that you'll love or hate. Weak points might be strong flare if direct light strikes the front element and also mushy corners at infinity until f/4-f/5.6. Better corners and edges at close range; after all is a macro lens. Almost zero LaCA and excellent sharpness over the central part of the frame, even full open, at any focusing distance. Contrast tends to be on the low side, more like classic Leica glass than Zeiss.
Both Macro Switars are probably the only reflex lenses which can be used on a Leica-M with rangefinder coupling (with a dedicated adapter).

Feb 23, 2015 at 06:28 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.